Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Ron Hunter is a fraud.
    Completely off-topic, when will your picture get changed? Are you waiting for Lily Wu to officially take office?
    78-65

Comment

• Yup rough day for the conference

Only bright spot: USF beats FSU by 16

Others
      Mississippi State beats Tulane by 30
      South Carolina beats ECU by 6
      Duke over Charlotte by 24
      ​​​​​​Arkansas State beats UAB by 19.... Not Arkansas but Arkansas State

Comment

• Right now warrenolan.com has the AAC ranked 11th behind the usual P-5 and Big East and also behind the Mountain West (7th), Missouri Valley (8th), Atlantic 10 (9th) and the Ivy League (10th).

The 3 teams that left the AAC have NET rankings as follows:
        Houston - 2
        Cincinnati - 19
        UCF - 68

The 6 teams that have joined the AAC have NET ranking as follows:
        FAU - 20
        Charlotte - 86
        North Texas - 100
        UAB - 221
        Rice - 272
        UTSA - 305

UTSA had a decent football team (ELO ranking of 33 out of 133 FBS programs), Rice (78), North Texas (92), UAB (108), FAU (118) and Charlotte (125) in a conference ranked 11th in ELO among the 12 FBS conferences and a group of 4 Independents.

Perhaps Aresco retired because he doesn't want to have to negotiate the next round of media rights.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 9, 2023, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Yup rough day for the conference

Only bright spot: USF beats FSU by 16

Others
          Mississippi State beats Tulane by 30
          South Carolina beats ECU by 6
          Duke over Charlotte by 24
          ​​​​​​Arkansas State beats UAB by 19.... Not Arkansas but Arkansas State

Comment

• Missouri hasn't really been a threat, but giving KU a little bit of a game in Lawrence. Down 8 with 1:27 left
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• KU beats Mizzou by 9 in Lawrence
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Mizzou turned over KU 16 times. They turned us over 18 times, but I'm sure they weren't allowed to assault KU like they did us.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Assumed when I didn’t see Noah Fernandes on the UMass roster that he was done, but then I heard Mike say something about him transferring…..found him at Rutgers and just watched him seal the win at Seton Hall. He had around 20 and looks fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Assumed when I didn’t see Noah Fernandes on the UMass roster that he was done, but then I heard Mike say something about him transferring…..found him at Rutgers and just watched him seal the win at Seton Hall. He had around 20 and looks fantastic.
                    Watched that game too. Would be nice to have a senior PG this year.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Watching tulsa vs Oklahoma state. Tulsa plays quick. Like almost Liberty quick. But Okie state has 26 turnovers with 3.48 to go in the game, and the game still doesn't seem close. Okie state has comfortably led by 10 to 20 points all game. Very strange game.

Wanted to add they're playing in Paycom center, nba arena for Oklahoma City. And why? it looks like there is maybe 2000 people at the game. Much like the Intrust game yesterday.

Added yet again. I think the final tally was 28 turnovers but Ok State still wins easy by 15.
                      Last edited by JVShocker; December 10, 2023, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Going to Manhattan this Sunday. Hope those wildcats don't disrupt the visit.
                        Did go to the Little Apple over the weekend and spoke with a person in the Riley county law enforcement about the dismissal of the k state player. Apparently it was a little more involved than just a fight with the bouncer at an aggieville bar. He started by beating a female and then beating a male who tried to intervene and then the bouncer and when it moved outside he fought law enforcement as well before being arrested. So I would say it was a little more involved than just a simple bar fight. Could fit right into the Memphis starting line up it seems.

Comment

• K-State did well to get him diversion.

Comment

• I was impressed by the number of Purdue fans at the game against Alabama in Toronto on Saturday. The arena was mostly full and the place got genuinely loud quite a few times. Zach Edey had a nice moment with his mom after the game (he's from the Greater Toronto Area for those who don't know).

It sounds like the event will be happening again next year and I hope the organizers land another marquee matchup to headline. It's hard to get too excited about a basketball game when there are barely any fans in attendance. TCU and Clemson played an exciting second game and the building was basically dead (most people left after the first game). I imagine Michigan or Michigan State would draw quite a few fans if they are interested in participating next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Did go to the Little Apple over the weekend and spoke with a person in the Riley county law enforcement about the dismissal of the k state player. Apparently it was a little more involved than just a fight with the bouncer at an aggieville bar. He started by beating a female and then beating a male who tried to intervene and then the bouncer and when it moved outside he fought law enforcement as well before being arrested. So I would say it was a little more involved than just a simple bar fight. Could fit right into the Memphis starting line up it seems.
                              He's in Memphis today for a visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's in Memphis today for a visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X