Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Incidentally, regarding the possibility of Abmas coming with Mills, according to the ORU board Springmann is the one who spotted and recruited Abmas, and there is great loyalty there. Also, when Springmann was at Texas, he was the coach who recruited Kevin Durant.
    Woah
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Usually, the new coach keeps someone from the past. Pierre does have some recruiting contacts from the same area as Mills (Texas and Southern area), but the SE contacts that Tyson Waterman has could prove valuable. At the end of the day, Mills should have some idea as to what is valuable for the coaching staff. GM didn't keep anyone from Turgeon's previous staff.
      To this day I am baffled that he didn’t want Spinelli.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

To this day I am baffled that he didn’t want Spinelli.
        Because Spinner was not very likable? I’m still trying to figure why Mark kept him around so long.

78-65

Comment

• Though wasn’t particularly on my radar and not my first choice, the ingredients for this being a great hire are there. I remember being impressed by the Oral Robert’s teams we played the last 3M year/First IB season. Some context to his time at OR that I found interesting:

- He was hired 2 weeks AFTER the NCAA championship game and recruiting season. He decided to leave open 8 or 9 scholarships till the next season when he had time to recruit.
          - The next season is when he brought in Obanor and Abmas.
          - He had multiple years of being in the top 100 noncon SOS

Overall, his winning percentage seems to be a little misleading based on the first season and OR typically playing a tougher noncon than many contemporary teams. Probably could have had a few more 20 win seasons if they played easier teams at the beginning of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
            Embarrassed but not surprised by the fanbase - some of ya'll really expected to land Brad Stevens. I'll take a guy who goes undefeated in his conference, thank you very much. And let's not forget the last two years have been fully unpredictable following COVID, NIL, and the expansion of the transfer portal. I doubt Oral Bob has a breadth of resources to make winning easy.

Welcome, Coach Mills! Excited for the new era.
            It's also embarassing to call ORU "Oral Bob" - Sounds like Wichita "not a" State that I hear constantly. Put's us in the same catagory as Missoui State IMHO

Comment

• I can’t keep up with all the threads — what’s the current speculation around assistants?

Comment

• Will his contract match that at least of IB's. Are looking at 1.5 first year? Do we know that yet? Speculation?
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  >>>>> ******* trigger warning! <<<<<

Okay I’m a fan

Comment

• I wonder if tayloreldridge will have the stones to ask at the end of the first presser the following:

We trust that you're a fine, upstanding, God-fearing man with Christian morals and principles who will set an example and a standard of leadership for our boys.

Tell me, do you believe in man-to-man or zone defense?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I wonder if tayloreldridge will have the stones to ask at the end of the first presser the following:

We trust that you're a fine, upstanding, God-fearing man with Christian morals and principles who will set an example and a standard of leadership for our boys.

I just want Taylor to give him an address of a place where he can get a facial if he is not wearing any panties.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I wonder if tayloreldridge will have the stones to ask at the end of the first presser the following:

"I play, coach stays. He goes, I go."
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Also, if you're coaching high school basketball, you'd better believe in man-to-man defense.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                            I just want Taylor to give him an address of a place where he can get a facial if he is not wearing any panties.
                            Dude get rid of your avatar before I send someone up to Alaska to get rid of it for you.

Comment

• “I am hoping you will support who we are and not who are are not.” — What Coach Paul Mills should tell the T-Shirt WSU fans

”This is your coach!” - DSB

Comment

• There are some great podcast episodes out there he was a guest on:

- All Ball w/ Doug Gottlieb
                                - Grow The Game
                                - Solving Basketball
                                - Coaching U Podcast

Definitely some overlap of content and stories, but all worth the listen. (You can find them easily on Apple Podcasts and other podcast apps)

The more I’m learning about HCPM, the more I’m happy he’s with our program.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X