Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    https://oruathletics.com/sports/mens...roster-coaches

Mills comin. Patterson comin. Springmman not comin. Paulino?
    I'd like to see Butch Pierre stick around if that's an option.

Comment

• Also while we're on the topic, I would be shocked to see Abmas come here. Do not see it happening.

I would LOVE it. But this is a perfect chance for him to go get a big ass check somewhere real good. Like Blueblood good.

Comment

• In reading the ORU board last night, they were hoping for Springmann to be named the next HC,

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          Also while we're on the topic, I would be shocked to see Abmas come here. Do not see it happening.

I would LOVE it. But this is a perfect chance for him to go get a big ass check somewhere real good. Like Blueblood good.
          Perhaps we finally have a coach that players, after playing for him, actually like him, enjoy playing for him, have loyalty to him. Wouldn't that be nice?

Comment

Also while we're on the topic, I would be shocked to see Abmas come here. Do not see it happening.

He's also had those opportunities.

You're right though; there's still a chance that he doesn't come. But his chances of making the tournament again probably go up by coming to WSU after Mills leaves.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

While true, might be enticing if we can throw some NIL his way. Knows the system and coach, bigger school and conference and the team has a massive hole at his position. Might not end up being the star player elsewhere with a bigger check

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'd like to see Butch Pierre stick around if that's an option.
                Disagree. I'm perfectly fine if PM decides to clean house or keep a coach or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Perhaps we finally have a coach that players, after playing for him, actually like him, enjoy playing for him, have loyalty to him. Wouldn't that be nice?
                  Absolutely. Not every decision is NIL based.

Comment

• Perfect time to make WU scary again. The new WU is just goofy.

Comment

• Also one thing to consider with wanting Pohto, Pierre and Walton to stay......

While their talents are undeniable. How would they respond to a coach like Mills? They came to play for IB. What if the coaches personality doesn't resonate with those players.

Just saying, something to consider.

Has to be a fit both ways.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        Also one thing to consider with wanting Pohto, Pierre and Walton to stay......

While their talents are undeniable. How would they respond to a coach like Mills? They came to play for IB. What if the coaches personality doesn't resonate with those players.

Just saying, something to consider.

Has to be a fit both ways.
                        Absolutely. I think both sides need to be fully transparent. Coaches don't want guys who don't want to be there and players don't want to play for a coach they don't gell with.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Disagree. I'm perfectly fine if PM decides to clean house or keep a coach or two.
                          I'm fine if he does that as well but I am curious as to why you wouldn't want Butch Pierre back? He seems like a strong recruiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Absolutely. Not every decision is NIL based.
                            He may feel hcpm is doing a good job of prepping him for pro ball. Way more valuable than an nil deals.

Comment

• Some ORU fans this this is a lateral move for HCPM...I mean I know every fan base has an inflated sense of their program...but really?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm fine if he does that as well but I am curious as to why you wouldn't want Butch Pierre back? He seems like a strong recruiter.
                                A coaching staff has to have a chemistry and cohesiveness. That's why HCPM has to choose his own assistants. Maybe he does pick Pierre, and maybe not. But it should be his choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X