Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU gone!
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Always a great time when KU gets sent home.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Down goes Kansas
        I had to watch the score/play-by-play from my phone; RCIV nailed several free throws down the stretch.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• K-who got some Counciling !

Comment

• C4 sealed that victory
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Pleasant > RCIV

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I had to watch the score/play-by-play from my phone; RCIV nailed several free throws down the stretch.
                4-4. Ricky didn't shoot well, but did it from the line (10-11), 21 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, and only 1 TO.

Comment

• Really happy for Ricky

Comment

• Good day so far. Dukies and KWho both are gone.

Comment

• Down go the pukehawks! Glad a exshocker had a hand in it.

Comment

• I know the Princeton players aren’t on scholarship. But do you think they get NIL $? Serious question.

Comment

• I've mentioned this before. I'll always remember when Ricky almost single handedly beat OSU at their place. He was killing it down the stretch making difficult shots when OSU had their best defenders on him. Following the game, coach IB said, "Ricky thinks he's the best player on the floor." Not sure, but he probably came off the bench the following game.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            Big difference in personnel between Furman and SDSU.

My working theory is that a one-game elimination tournament like this forces coaches to exploit matchups in ways they wouldn’t during the regular season. Which is why you see teams like Virginia and Purdue fall…they (especially Virginia as I would argue they overachieve during the regular season given their personnel - it is amazing how they have owned the ACC lately). And I think it applies to power conferences both ways.

So basically, coaches that underperform during the regular season with loads of talent are able to overperform their regular season record because they are forced to have no other options. It obviously doesn’t apply everywhere but I think of it as an X-Y axis with talent and coaching ability.

I’d be interested to know what others think or if this theory seems off. It’s almost as simple as saying, “having better players means you’re more likely to succeed in the tournament,” which is obvious, but adds a tad bit of nuance.
                            After the KU game, this theory checks out.

I thought they overachieved, and while they deserved a one seed, there was an athleticism difference overall between them and Arkansas.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• The nerds are beating the **** out of Mizzou
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Not good for 1 seeds this year. Houston not looking good.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X