• MoValley John
    replied
    Blueblood Nation is in a tizzy.
    https://247sports.com/college/kansas...829955/?page=1

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    No one tell Phognet .. but more people cared to watch FAU/SDSU than people that wanted to watch KU/Nova last year.
    Makes sense to me. Two relatively unknowns in the college basketball landscape causing some fresh curiosity nationally....and of course Cali and Florida markets likely tuning in. I doubt CBS is surprised. But yeah Lawerence no doubt is surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

No one tell Phognet .. but more people cared to watch FAU/SDSU than people that wanted to watch KU/Nova last year.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Reminds me of Marshall Henderson's antics. He loved eyes on him, and his coaches and team defended him.

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    The best players let their game speak for itself. All others talk trash to different degrees. What they don't understand, or don't care about, is how it reflects on their character.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Sixth Man of The Year Award
    Is that C3PO?

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Staley is one of the best to ever play. But I can't ****ing stand her bullshit narratives she's is constantly pushing. It makes it impossible to root for her or her teams.
    It's 100% impossible to root for her for that reason. Literally everything is turned into that with her.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    It’s seemed like some also tried to make it about race when Iowa’s coach said they have to prepare to rebound against USC like they are going into a bar fight, because USC is so good at it.

Never in my life, have I heard or thought it be inferred any racial undertones when a coach said “we have to prepare for for war/a street fight/bar fight”. All it has ever seemingly meant to me was to be respectful for how tough and physical the other team was and that if they didn’t come prepared to match that, they would be easily beaten.

Dawn Staley deserves all the flowers for her success as a player and coach; clearly one of the best ever at both. It appears to me though that she seems to go out of her way to push/create narratives that don’t exist. Maybe it’s helps build the “us against the world” mindset and culture that her teams has and that it fuels them, but I do think she should get more push back at times when it’s clear that there was nothing hateful or racist intended in comments or commentary about her team.
    Staley is one of the best to ever play. But I can't ****ing stand her bullshit narratives she's is constantly pushing. It makes it impossible to root for her or her teams.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    It’s seemed like some also tried to make it about race when Iowa’s coach said they have to prepare to rebound against USC like they are going into a bar fight, because USC is so good at it.

Never in my life, have I heard or thought it be inferred any racial undertones when a coach said “we have to prepare for for war/a street fight/bar fight”. All it has ever seemingly meant to me was to be respectful for how tough and physical the other team was and that if they didn’t come prepared to match that, they would be easily beaten.

Dawn Staley deserves all the flowers for her success as a player and coach; clearly one of the best ever at both. It appears to me though that she seems to go out of her way to push/create narratives that don’t exist. Maybe it’s helps build the “us against the world” mindset and culture that her teams have and that it fuels them, but I do think she should get more push back at times when it’s clear that there was nothing hateful or racist intended in comments or commentary about her team.
    Last edited by Shock Top; April 4, 2023, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    The media has successfully implemented the race card at an incident that had ZERO to do with it and all the weak-minded souls that they prey on just suck it right up like a mosquito at a summer barbecue.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Hmm...maybe because this one is 100% about race and why one is supposedly acceptable and different. Both were showboating AT another player. Zero difference in situation except for that
    You keep saying zero difference .. yet ignoring everyone else pointing exactly how it was different. So no it's not about race .. its because the situations were different. Period.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied

Hmm...maybe because this one is 100% about race and why one is supposedly acceptable and different. Both were showboating AT another player. Zero difference in situation except for that
    Are you intentionally being obtuse? Your basketball knowledge and sports betting knowledge are very good and respected. But now you're simply being obtuse. For whatever reason. Is it because you hate Iowa so much? Because you're letting politics infultrate the situation? Because you're watching ESPN and CNN 24 hours a day?

If you seriously cannot tell the difference between a player flashing the sign across the court for a second and then another player chasing down another player for 10 seconds in her face while supposedly winning a national championship (which now seemed insignificant to her), then there is no hope for rational, unbiased thinking in your head. PERIOD.

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I despise the race card being pulled constantly, and then promptly drops the race card.

The Russians and Chinese don't have to go to WW3 with us. They're just laughing at us as they watch us slowly destroy ourselves with issues that mostly don't exist. EVERYTHING is about race now. If the roles were reversed, then Clark would have been crucified by now and been labeled a racist.

All of the shouts of fake racism in this country in the last 5 years really overshadows and covers up the true racism that actually exists in the pockets that it does.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Nope the only way the situations are different is Clark is a little white girl, and Reese isn't. I despise the race card being pulled constantly, but that is 100% what this is.
    I despise the race card being pulled constantly, and then promptly drops the race card.

The Russians and Chinese don't have to go to WW3 with us. They're just laughing at us as they watch us slowly destroy ourselves with issues that mostly don't exist. EVERYTHING is about race now. If the roles were reversed, then Clark would have been crucified by now and been labeled a racist.

All of the shouts of fake racism in this country in the last 5 years really overshadows and covers up the true racism that actually exists in the pockets that it does.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied

To say the two aren't the same is laughable to me. I live in Iowa and i'm SO sick of this being overblown. Clark is an arrogant showboat who did it to Hailey Van Lith, she got it back at her when Reese did it. Either they're both in the wrong, or neither...to say they're different is ignorant at best.
    Clark is an arrogant showboat. I don't really care for the way she does her taunts as well. But that's not the argument. When comparing what Clark has specifically done to what Reese has specifically done is not even CLOSE to the same thing. Anybody with half a brain and doesn't have the race card on the brain can see that.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; April 4, 2023, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X