Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    My first look at Florida Atlantic…the look really athletic. Giving Memphis fits so far. I think they will be a good addition to the American next year. They’ll replace UCF. quite nicely…
    They look like a significant upgrade, unless they lose a bunch of players.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      The Miami coach, Jim L. had some great guards at George Mason with long shooting range. Drake played solid D. most of the time. Give their coach an interview.
      No!!!!
      their offense was somewhere between IB's first half of the season and his second half. Their defense was worse than IB's.
      I was no IB fan. We can get better coaches than devries I'm sure.

Comment

• I don't do Facebook and never will. Just stating an opinion. Drake looked just like this years Shox at the end of the game. I want someone better than Devries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
          I don't do Facebook and never will. Just stating an opinion. Drake looked just like this years Shox at the end of the game. I want someone better than Devries.
          I hope you have half a mill or so to put up every year if you want someone better than DeVries. Better than DeVries ain't cheap. He's going to be looking at offers in the $1.5 + range.

Comment

• People that judge coaches based off of 1 game and not their whole resume.......lol

DeVries isn't my number one. But if he ends up being the coach then so be it. I don't really have a say in it.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I hope you have half a mill or so to put up every year if you want someone better than DeVries. Better than DeVries ain't cheap. He's going to be looking at offers in the $1.5 + range.
              They can have him. Mediocrity is not going to work for the shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                People that judge coaches based off of 1 game and not their whole resume.......lol
                Came here to say just that…dude has built a consistent winner at Drake of all places, and people watch a game of his against the ACC conference champs, thinking to themselves, “Yeah, we can do better.” Comical.

If that’s your criteria we won’t be able to hire a coach. And thinking that Sampson is more ready to be a head coach at WSU than DeVries is…something.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I also laugh at people who want the next Marshall. They have to win their conference and win their tourney to get a NCAA bid for 7 out of 9 years before they are good enough to come to WSU.

Like that is just such a common thing and easy to find.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I will support our next coach whoever it is. Since I didn't watch any MVC games I shouldn't have judged his coaching ability based on one game. However I didn't know we couldn't afford anyone better than Devries.

Comment

I will support our next coach whoever it is. Since I didn't watch any MVC games I shouldn't have judged his coaching ability based on one game. However I didn't know we couldn't afford anyone better than Devries.
                      We might be able to. And I am hoping for someone else.

But we could do a lot worse also.

Just my opinion though. Which doesn't carry much weight in the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No!!!!
                        their offense was somewhere between IB's first half of the season and his second half. Their defense was worse than IB's.
                        I was no IB fan. We can get better coaches than devries I'm sure.

1. Jan's 2. Sampson are my top choices . I have 5 more I like including Devries unless one of the first 2 come through.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

1. Jan's 2. Sampson are my top choices . I have 5 more I like including Devries unless one of the first 2 come through.
                          Jans is my #1 but is highly unlikely
                          McCasland is my #2 but doubtful

After that I won't be ecstatic, but also won't be disappointed with 3 or 4 others that are commonly listed.

Comment

I will support our next coach whoever it is. Since I didn't watch any MVC games I shouldn't have judged his coaching ability based on one game. However I didn't know we couldn't afford anyone better than Devries.
                            Unless you have the $$ to dictate coaching hires, you don't really have a voice in the matter. If we can afford someone better than Devries, then we're in the $$ range to have serious talks with Jans.

A DeVries coached team beat a team Marshall recruited and coached up until the beginning of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Came here to say just that…dude has built a consistent winner at Drake of all places, and people watch a game of his against the ACC conference champs, thinking to themselves, “Yeah, we can do better.” Comical.

If that’s your criteria we won’t be able to hire a coach. And thinking that Sampson is more ready to be a head coach at WSU than DeVries is…something.
                              Not saying Sampson is more ready. It like the stock market. Put your money into something that pays nice dividends, or put it into something that will give great payback.
                              watching drake did not impressed me as a great offense or defense. Good defense, maybe....Great, not..... Good offense, no way.

Comment

• I wasn't aware that expressing an opinion was trying to dictate who we should hire. You guys have got me, I am saying UNCLE. I did enjoy the back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                                X