No announcement yet.

Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurley looks completely rattled. I'd be surprised if ASU can muster a win here.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      That cost our league some money, but I can’t say that disappointed me.
      Same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

I'd be beyond ecstatic if we compete at a high level with either of them next season. FAU is fun to watch and should draw a good crowd at Koch.
        We are going to have Owls running out our ears. Who, who, who.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Memphis had a cakewalk to the Sweet 16 and probably further.

Most overrated junk program on the planet. Penny's bottle toss summed their program up perfectly.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Memphis had a cakewalk to the Sweet 16 and probably further.

Most overrated coach on the planet. Penny's bottle toss summed their program up perfectly.
            Fixed

Comment

• Well, you had a good run Furman. Lol
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Furman getting run out of the gym
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Big difference in personnel between Furman and SDSU.

My working theory is that a one-game elimination tournament like this forces coaches to exploit matchups in ways they wouldn’t during the regular season. Which is why you see teams like Virginia and Purdue fall…they (especially Virginia as I would argue they overachieve during the regular season given their personnel - it is amazing how they have owned the ACC lately). And I think it applies to power conferences both ways.

So basically, coaches that underperform during the regular season with loads of talent are able to overperform their regular season record because they are forced to have no other options. It obviously doesn’t apply everywhere but I think of it as an X-Y axis with talent and coaching ability.

I’d be interested to know what others think or if this theory seems off. It’s almost as simple as saying, “having better players means you’re more likely to succeed in the tournament,” which is obvious, but adds a tad bit of nuance.
                  Last edited by Kel Varnsen; March 18, 2023, 01:38 PM.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Furman getting run out of the gym
                    I guess 1976 won't have to change his shorts after that one.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Down goes Duke!
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Down goes Duke!
                        And down went Tennessee long ago when we beat them at the DANCE.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I realize I am biased, but the cockgobblers foul a lot, and they are not used to getting whistled.

Comment

• Cou leading Arkansas in field goal attempts.

3/13 and 1/6
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I want to see the ACT scores for all the Princeton players!

Comment

• Down goes Kansas
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X