The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He left 9 open before the transfer portal was a thing. Leaving multiple open now days is just not doing your job IMO. He's got to expect to lose 3-4 no matter what he does. We don't need to be back trying to fill 9 scholarships next year too.
    Taking players just to take players will cause a bunch of disgruntled players that aren't good enough to get playing time (but think they are) to sow discord. A terrible idea for continuity and chemistry.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Taking players just to take players will cause a bunch of disgruntled players that aren't good enough to get playing time (but think they are) to sow discord. A terrible idea for continuity and chemistry.
      true, but playing 4 on 5 is not a good idea either

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That would be nice. Noticed he has a background with Bijan Cortez on the team griffin team. He also entered the portal on the same day Cortez signed with WSU. Nice find! Would be a great get.
        He and Cortes are good friends. Germany played for Team Griffin a year earlier. I cannot say for sure that he will be a roster addition but I know there is serious mutual interest.

Now, watch someone else steal him away.

That is the extent of what I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Not filling the roster because you are unable to get good enough recruits to want to come here is an even worse an idea.

Comment

• That would be a shocking pull from the portal
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

He and Cortes are good friends. Germany played for Team Griffin a year earlier. I cannot say for sure that he will be a roster addition but I know there is serious mutual interest.

Now, watch someone else steal him away.

That is the extent of what I know.
              Get those 2 and maybe Abmas joins the ride

Comment

Collins and who else?
                The Assman

Comment

An ORU fan said he spoke with Abmas before his UT visit and was told he would only visit WSU as a courtesy to Mills. We can probably stop hoping.

Also said he plans to visit Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    That probably makes some sense, actually.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

An ORU fan said he spoke with Abmas before his UT visit and was told he would only visit WSU as a courtesy to Mills. We can probably stop hoping.

IF that’s true, then Mills need to tell Abmas not to bother.

Time will tell still.
                      The Assman

Comment

I'll take ORU fans insight with a grain of salt IMO. HCPM has a prime opportunity to make this season not a down year by getting Abmas. I don't buy that we can't land high level recruits and transfers. Memphis is having no problem landing them from the AAC and they have done jack **** in the postseason (due to poor coaching). We should be able to recruit at the same level as Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'll take ORU fans insight with a grain of salt IMO. HCPM has a prime opportunity to make this season not a down year by getting Abmas. I don't buy that we can't land high level recruits and transfers. Memphis is having no problem landing them from the AAC and they have done jack **** in the postseason (due to poor coaching). We should be able to recruit at the same level as Memphis.
                          The shine is starting to fade from Penny. It was very exciting at first but at some point he’s got to do something special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

The shine is starting to fade from Penny. It was very exciting at first but at some point he’s got to do something special.
                            Agreed from a results standpoint. He's still landing prized recruits this off-season though. That's my point. No reason we can't recruit at a similar level to Memphis. We shouldn't just set our bar super low and think we have to only rely on diamonds in the rough.

Comment

• Abmas was 100% to who all now? Signature is pending somewhere so who knows?. A visit here would be nice but see no evidence yet. Hard to tell about that roller coaster ride. Royal has always been a voice of reason here which usually prevails over eternal optimism. Right now, a solid signing of other targets would rise up the SN band to a mild roar. Still hoping for KP to stay. Do we play K-State this coming Season?
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Collins and who else?
                                I was talking Cortez and Collins as the 2. One already in our pocket

Comment

Working...
                                X