The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
    Jamie Shaw from On3's transfer portal blog today...
    That would be very disappointing.

Comment

• Arkansas loves American players. Jeremiah Davenport is headed to the Hogs.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• FWIW, my earlier post about “more coming” was not related to Abmas - but I believed that they were “dominos” coming from his decision. If that’s not the case and they are coming on their own merit that is awesome too.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Has On3 done anything to have earned any credibility one way or another on anything? I'd never heard of them until a few weeks ago and I'm not entirely sure if I've seen evidence to take them seriously or not.
          Jamie Shaw used to work for Rivals and 247, 40k followers on Twitter. I think he's pretty credible.

On3 does have Abmas as going to WSU on their predictions, but that prediction wasn't made by an analyst. The prediction was made by their AI prediction program. They say the program has a 90% accuracy, but I don't understand how that would include intel from sources.

Comment

• If HCPM looses Abmas to his supposed brother at K-State, I think it's time he had some genealogy tests ran.

Comment

• Also doesn't seem like we have a shot at Cleveland.

Georgia Tech is a program that is carrying some early buzz for the Atlanta, Georgia, native. NC State and Michigan were also programs that were in his final group the first time around. Auburn is where travel ball teammate Jabari Smith went and has had a recent string of success with Atlanta-based kids. Another piece to look at is current Missouri assistant CY Young was the coach of record that signed Cleveland to Florida State. There should be a line of suitors here.

Comment

• Well that excitement lasted less than a day lol. Hopefully HCPM has some tricks up his sleeve.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                  Jamie Shaw from On3's transfer portal blog today...
                  I'm an attorney and I have to deal in solid evidence every day, and it's statements like Jamie Shaw's here that make me wonder if he's dumb or if he thinks everyone else is dumb.

What kind of "source" can say where a player is not going to go? Unless Abmas has point-blank told the source he's not going somewhere, or unless Abmas himself is the source, nobody but Abmas ****ing knows.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Not going to lie, if Abmas goes to K-State, I'll be low key pissed off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      Have a buddy with a 247 account. Had him check Texas’ and they’re pretty sure they’re getting MA.
                      I have one as well. Yesterday KState's 247 guy said he had a source telling him KState was in a good position and a source telling him a commitment to Wichita State was all but done. Given how yesterday unfolded with others here insinuating he was about to commit and to this point has not, I'd lean towards the source saying KState is in a good spot as of now being correct.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• On3's recruiting predictions are AI based and use social media interactions as a factor. Likely was 100% Wichita State due to Max retweeting stuff about Mills from their ORU times.

Comment

• They're official

Go Shockers - Mills Signs First Two Shocker Recruits

The 6-foot-11 Germany is a graduate transfer who has played the past four years at UTSA, earning honorable mention All-Conference USA honors in each of the last two. The lofty lefty from Kingston, Okla. ranks among the school's career leaders in points (9th, 1,293), rebounds (4th, 779) and blocks (t-3rd, 105). He averaged 12.3 points during the 2022-23 season and ranked second on league leaderboard in both rebounding (8.3) and double-doubles (9).

Mills said:

"Jacob was an all-conference player last season in a tough Conference USA. He was one of the top rebounders in the country, and I'm confident that this skill will translate to the AAC. Jacob is unique for a guy his size due to his ability to make plays off the bounce in space. He handles the ball well and can finish around the basket with either hand. I've watched Jacob develop since he was a high school player and I've always been impressed with his improvement year after year. I know Jacob will add value to this team through his leadership, unique skill set and rebounding capabilities."

Beverly is a 6-6 wing who is less than two weeks removed from a Final Four appearance with Miami. The Detroit native played the past four seasons for the Hurricane but could have up to two more years of eligibility at WSU due to his COVID-19 bonus and a pending medical redshirt waiver. A consensus four-star, top-70 recruit out of Florida-based Montverde Academy, Beverly averaged 5.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 91 career games at Miami.

Mills said:

"Harlond is a gifted player and a tremendous leader. He is an elite finisher, as demonstrated by his 67% two-point field goal percentage against tough ACC competition, and he gets to the free throw line at a remarkable rate. However, the area Shocker fans will see his abilities shine through the most is on the defensive end. He's a versatile guy who can guard multiple positions and has an intense desire to compete. He impacts the game in so many ways through his effort and rebounding. I'm looking forward to having Harlond as a member of our team and I'm confident he will make contributions as both a person and a player at Wichita State."
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              I think further context should be included. Such as the quality of players transferring. If it is just bench players transferring to a lower division for playing time that is different than say starters leaving for P5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Not going to lie, if Abmas goes to K-State, I'll be low key pissed off.
                                Low key? HCPM looses his player to his "brother" and then they kick our ass with him. That will not play with this fan base. Maybe he doesn't know how KS instate rivalries work.

Comment

Working...
                                X