The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Not sure if they are still there, but Rent-a-cemter, Lear Jet, Pizza hut, Beech.
    I think there are plenty.
    Beech is part of Textron Aviation... But yes to Learjet. RAC and Pizza are headquartered elsewhere.

Could also add Freddy's as a 500 Million dollar and growing business headquartered here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Not sure if they are still there, but Rent-a-cemter, Lear Jet, Pizza hut, Beech.
      I think there are plenty.
      Pizza Hut and Rent A Center are in Plano
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        Spirit - Toronto
        Textron - Rhode Island
        Cargill - MN
        Contributors don't have to be the size of Koch to be valuable to Armchair Strategies. Freddy's Frozen does a big business. Aeroflex Wichita is a good size company. Genesis, Invista, Curo; they all have big revenues each year. I don't live in Wichita so I don't know the story for each of these companies, but if they have a tie to WSU sports, it seems like a contribution to the NIL would be a drop in the bucket for each. My point is that Koch isn't the only bag of money in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

They have no problem because Fed Ex is finding their NILs
          Is that why our FedEx Contract rates are going up all the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Beech is part of Textron Aviation... But yes to Learjet. RAC and Pizza are headquartered elsewhere.

Could also add Freddy's as a 500 Million dollar and growing business headquartered here.
            Hey, don’t forget Spangles

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Is that why our FedEx Contract rates are going up all the time?
              Someone’s got to pay the half mill for a high school kid to play basketball in college
              Last edited by Dan; April 23, 2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Mu mu mud slide…
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is Michele’s beach house still around?
                  I think they went the way of Pleasures and Forty-Nine and Go Go or was it Sixty-Nine and Go Go?
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I wouldn't look for the Freddy's HQ to stay around here for very much longer. They were bought by an out-of-state firm a year or two ago. When was the last time a business stayed in Wichita in a scenario like this?

And major LOL at folks hoping for philanthropy out of the wealthy businesses and individuals in Wichita. That ain't a Wichita thing, and it is one of the main contributors to the depressed, backwater state of this town. The big 3G contract after the Alabama flirt is legitimately the only time I can recall in the history of Wichita when those folks came together to make something happen for the betterment of the community. Not that I am for some government mandate for such a thing, but towns that are healthy, growing and desirable for relocation have that as a significant component of their positioning. What Wichita has is near zero philanthropic giving, and major projects 100% funded on the backs of individual Wichita taxpayers that somehow end up providing an end product that should have cost half of what it did. It is almost farcical.
                    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; April 23, 2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• So who were these recruits in town???
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

That’s Shpanglesh.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          So who were these recruits in town???
                          Wondered that myself. They surely attended some of the events this weekend

Comment

Agreed from a results standpoint. He's still landing prized recruits this off-season though. That's my point. No reason we can't recruit at a similar level to Memphis. We shouldn't just set our bar super low and think we have to only rely on diamonds in the rough.
                            You may say”no reason we can’t recruit to a similar level to Memphis” but history says WAYY differently.

Since 2003 Memphis has signed 50. Fifty. 4 & 5 star recruits according to 247.

WSU has signed… 2. Fred and Sean Ogirri. Let’s throw in high 3 stars with Landry, Tyson and Markis.

Thats 5. 1/10 the number Memphis has had over the past 20 years.

To pretend like Paul Mills needs to come in and recruit like Penny, and if he doesn’t it’s a failure, it’s ridiculous and ignores the reality of where we’ve been over two decades.

I also think the program’s shouldn’t be that off, but recruiting-wise that’s where the results are. And thus includes the best run of years in program history.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

You may say”no reason we can’t recruit to a similar level to Memphis” but history says WAYY differently.

Since 2003 Memphis has signed 50. Fifty. 4 & 5 star recruits according to 247.

WSU has signed… 2. Fred and Sean Ogirri. Let’s throw in high 3 stars with Landry, Tyson and Markis.

Thats 5. 1/10 the number Memphis has had over the past 20 years.

To pretend like Paul Mills needs to come in and recruit like Penny, and if he doesn’t it’s a failure, it’s ridiculous and ignores the reality of where we’ve been over two decades.

I also think the program’s shouldn’t be that off, but recruiting-wise that’s where the results are. And thus includes the best run of years in program history.
                              Memphis has zero advantages that we don't have. It's ridiculous to say that we should just be ok with accepting that we don't compete for top recruits.

Comment

Memphis has zero advantages that we don't have. It's ridiculous to say that we should just be ok with accepting that we don't compete for top recruits.
                                if there’s no inherent advantages, please explain Memphis getting 10X the 4 and 5 star recruits we get.

Comment

Working...
                                X