The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I may be wrong but one probably must be in their 60s to fully appreciate that reference!
    Not quite, 59 and I remember it very well!
    Go Shocks!

Comment

• I'm guessing the good news isn't the good news many of us were hoping. This guy has been pretty spot on all portal season.

Comment

I may be wrong but one probably must be in their 60s to fully appreciate that reference!
        But the quote isn't complete! "But stupid"!

Comment

Right on... or as they say today, correct.

Comment

• EDIT: Too slow.. looks like someone else posted this already.. sorry!

In reference to Abmas. He usually knows what he's talking about. I've seen him flip a couple times, but I was hoping for good news today.

Comment

• Just don't have the money right now. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                Just don't have the money right now. Plain and simple.
                If money is the only thing we can offer to land recruits, then we are in a self fulfilling downward spiral. Gotta win to get more money, can't win without getting recruits .. which means less money and less recruits.

Staff has to find a way to land proven players at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If money is the only thing we can offer to land recruits, then we are in a self fulfilling downward spiral.
                  And such is the NIL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                    And such is the NIL!
                    Sad but true lol ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If money is the only thing we can offer to land recruits, then we are in a self fulfilling downward spiral. Gotta win to get more money, can't win without getting recruits .. which means less money and less recruits.

Staff has to find a way to land proven players at some point.
                      Gotta do it the old fashioned way, Find overlooked players and develop them into winners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Gotta do it the old fashioned way, Find overlooked players and develop them into winners.
                        So they can leave the next year!!

(sorry, current pay for play environment has me jaded ha)

Comment

• We were never really competing against Texas and KU for recruits before. It’s fine. We were not ever getting Abmas. As a lot of us said from the start. It doesn’t make any sense for him to come to a rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

* whew *

Thought you were gonna say ... Gotta do it the old fashioned way, with chicks and booze.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

* whew *

Thought you were gonna say ... Gotta do it the old fashioned way, with chicks and booze.
                              I mean... If it works.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I mean... If it works.
                                Oh it definitely works.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X