The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Does anyone know if KP has visited elsewhere or any other school showing interest?
    I believe the interest is very high

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

Hmmmmm
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Lets get the man paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

I believe the interest is very high
          A little disappointing we can’t compete for a player like that in NIL. Feels like we should be able to, if the program is where we think it ought to be. I guess my $25 isn’t helping.

Comment

• This isn’t a WSU issue.

It is very complicated for a foreign athlete because of the student visa rules. I guess you need to get a different type of visa, an O-1 which is for someone with extraordinary abilities, in order to be paid in the United States. The article said to make it worthwhile to get the visa you need to have more than $10,000 in NIL to make paying the legal fees and visa fees worthwhile. It doesn’t work to do something in the U.S. and go to your home country to be paid. You can get passive income but it has to be totally passive. You can’t pose for a picture or ask your friends to buy a t-shirt with your name on it. You even have to check your home country’s rules about working in your home country while you are at home.

I am not an attorney. I just read a recent article.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

A little disappointing we can’t compete for a player like that in NIL. Feels like we should be able to, if the program is where we think it ought to be. I guess my $25 isn’t helping.
              The NIL has to be earned outside the US for international kids on student visas.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The NIL has to be earned outside the US for international kids on student visas.
                Then why would money (NIL) be an issue in his decision to stay here? Wouldnt he have the same problem anywhere he might transfer?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Then why would money (NIL) be an issue in his decision to stay here? Wouldnt he have the same problem anywhere he might transfer?
                  Had the same question. Pehalss more complicated than SN allows for.

Comment

We should enlist Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance to summon Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over our NIL collectives.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Schools with international tours have an easy workaround. I know Kentucky went to the Bahamas last summer so that Big Oscar could get paid.

Comment

• I wonder if a 1/2 day basketball camp at an embassy would count? Why not? I heard of a dude who had a camp in the Bahamas attended by just 2 kids. Ha! That is hilariously obvious. And legal.

What about sweeping the floors at Airbus? Hmmmmm.

Comment

• I'll slip Kenny a crisp Canadian $20 if he comes and cuts the grass

Comment

I'll slip Kenny a crisp Canadian $20 if he comes and cuts the grass
                            What's he going to do with that? Buy a Happy Meal in US dollars?

Comment

• Isn't Koch an international company ?

Comment

I'll slip Kenny a crisp Canadian $20 if he comes and cuts the grass
                                I'll give him a whole quarter to come rub my bunion. And I'll give you one too tracksuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X