The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Not saying we do or do not have a shot at him, but this is just more conjecture nonsense. None of this is based on anything but guesswork about where Cleveland may want to go, and who recruited him before.

Just more dumb noise to catch some clicks.
    I agree that the Cleveland stuff is more speculative than the Abmas section, but trying to apply the same evidentiary standards of legal evidence on transfer portal news is hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      This Abmas thing is such bullshit. This is nothing but a bidding war and Paul Mills isn’t one bit to blame if we don’t get him. The last three days have actually moved the needle for me a bit but now I’m back to zero ****s given.
      it's an auction

Comment

• Well its still early, but so far we've gone backwards. The players incoming are lower IMO than the players we lost. 6 Scholarships to fill though. Really hoping Abmas would be the domino.

Comment

• Really? Lower? Hmmmm.

I guess it depends on who is replacing whom? Which we don't know yet.

Comment

• meme.png

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              I don't care. Abmas isn't the 2nd coming of Curry or something. I mean, he is a hell of a player and would be a hell of a get. But if he doesn't want to come here then fine. We will be ok. The entire season doesn't hinge on Abmas. It will be ok lol.
              Next years season likely did hinge on Abmas IMO. He was the most likely star to come here that could have made next year a positive one. We didn't get a splash hire and there really isn't any buzz around the program outside of wichita (Like say there was with Tangs hire). HCPM being radio silent hasn't helped. I'm leaning towards it will be a multi year build .. if at all.

I really hope I'm proven wrong in the next few weeks but nothing since the hire has screamed we are ready to compete at the top of D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I agree that the Cleveland stuff is more speculative than the Abmas section, but trying to apply the same evidentiary standards of legal evidence on transfer portal news is hilarious.
                That's not what I said. What I said is I like hard evidence, and the fact is there is probably no conceivable evidence--hard, soft, or otherwise--that supports this "information" because of the form that evidence would have to take.

But it seems to convince you. Run with it.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  Really? Lower? Hmmmm.

I guess it depends on who is replacing whom? Which we don't know yet.
                  Agreed, a lot of scholarships to fill. I don't see the 2 incomers as better than say Walton, Pierre, or Pohto though. I'm also not as high on Beverly as others because I'm less concerned about his 2109 HS rankings than his lack of production in the 3ish years of college. Germany, I'd accept the argument he's probably on par with Pohto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    Really? Lower? Hmmmm.
                    Yeah I don't really agree either. The main impact player we lost and probably won't replace is Walton.

Pierre was good the last couple months, but I am not sure we can't or won't replace him.

I think Beverly has a high ceiling and just have a feeling he will be good and productive. Although I have nothing to base it on. Just my opinion.

If Pohto doesn't come back, the video I have seen on Germany, I think that could be an upgrade or at least a break even. Especially in terms of rebounding.

Obviously none of us can say for sure and just have to wait and see who is right and who is wrong.

But I am still feeling pretty good. Plus plenty more scholarships to fill. We will see what happens.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Next years season likely did hinge on Abmas IMO. He was the most likely star to come here that could have made next year a positive one. We didn't get a splash hire and there really isn't any buzz around the program outside of wichita (Like say there was with Tangs hire). HCPM being radio silent hasn't helped. I'm leaning towards it will be a multi year build .. if at all.

I really hope I'm proven wrong in the next few weeks but nothing since the hire has screamed we are ready to compete at the top of D1.
                      That's terrible to say................ and that's right where I am at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If our whole season rested on Abmas then we were screwed from the get go. I just don't feel that way. Sorry that you do.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

If our whole season rested on Abmas then we were screwed from the get go. I just don't feel that way. Sorry that you do.
                          Trust me, id love to be proven wrong. Just don't see the momentum yet. Hopefully momentum shifts positive soon.

Comment

• There is one area that we have had a MAJOR upgrade from what I have seen. That is the HC position. Also, having players who want to be at WSU is huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

it's an auction
                              If so, what’s his true value to the program?
                              I don’t have the answer, but let’s say he does sign with WSU. How many additional ‘butts in seats’ could be attributed to him? Let’s say it’s over a 1,000.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                                and the fact is there is probably no conceivable evidence--hard, soft, or otherwise--that supports this "information" because of the form that evidence would have to take.
                                I stopped taking you seriously when you thought that I would care that you're an attorney, but this line is really funny based on the context of the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X