The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shoxxxx View Post

if the commitment doesn’t come today, my inside source will no longer be my friend as It will look like I have lied to hundreds of shocker fans. Also if the commitment doesn’t come today (tomorrow at the latest), it won’t be good for WSU.
    Looks like you lost a friend and earned a ban

Comment

• As much as I roll out the red carpet for Max and think he would be of tremendous help, if he ends up going elsewhere Mills and Co will be fine.

It would be mighty hard to find someone else like Max out there, but there are other ways and players to build a roster with.

Max seems like a good man and he's obviously a heck of a player, but the program won't be dead if he goes elsewhere.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He just said he’s unsure about the general direction of the program. The program’s trajectory has already changed from a month ago. He seems bent about the entire roster that was lost from an extremely mediocre team. He seems regretful.

Having a roster overhaul is not necessarily a bad thing. Did people really think everyone would stay after a coaching change?
        It's not a bad thing if you're able to upgrade talent. We've only added two guys so far, but neither I'd consider an upgrade over what we lost at their positions.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Looks like you lost a friend
          Same with Onegreatracer ;)
          The Assman

Comment

• Not a big fan of Seth’s, but he nails it here…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
              FWIW, my earlier post about “more coming” was not related to Abmas - but I believed that they were “dominos” coming from his decision. If that’s not the case and they are coming on their own merit that is awesome too.
              ^^^

Some on here need to take a CHILL pill. We re still in the mix on a lot of solid guys, Abmas or not. We are a month into a new coaching regime. Breathe.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Not a big fan of Seth’s, but he nails it here…

Hope Jay Bilas doesn't read this!!
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It's not a bad thing if you're able to upgrade talent. We've only added two guys so far, but neither I'd consider an upgrade over what we lost at their positions.
                  What are your expectations for year 1 under Mills?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hmm, I don’t believe that.

That sounds like the type of canned response generated when you think we’ve lost him.

If he was coming here, I have a feeling your tune would change slightly.
                    Not at all. I would have been ecstatic. I am disappointed it appears he won't be coming here.

Path to success may be harder, but I still don't believe all is lost.

Just because my opinion doesn't align with yours and others doesn't mean it is a canned response and I dont truly feel that way.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

^^^

Some on here need to take a CHILL pill. We re still in the mix on a lot of solid guys, Abmas or not. We are a month into a new coaching regime. Breathe.
                      We still love you OGR

Comment

What are your expectations for year 1 under Mills?
                        Low. But after reading all of the sunshine and rainbow posts on here about how great he and his staff are and how they're going to upgrade the talent level and do big things early, and that was before the Abmas rumors, one starts to wonder. Especially when the unicorn crowd shits on anyone who doesn't fall in line. So many of them are so damn certain that things will be better from day one regardless of the lack of supporting evidence.

I'm waiting to see the full roster. But as of now, I don't get the excitement levels of many. I'm pretty sure we could sign a kid that say the bench at Alcorn State and some on here would talk about him like he's the 2nd coming of FVV.

It's no secret I wanted Brown gone. It's also no secret I wasn't near as high on the Mills hire that so many on here became after he was hired. Even though most on here had him rather low on the list of possibilities prior to being hired. I don't change my thoughts just because someone is now a Shocker. I hope he works out. I hope he's better than I think he is. I hope he can recruit better than I think he can. But I have to see it to believe it. There's nothing to see yet.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Not a big fan of Seth’s, but he nails it here…

He nails it from a theoretical perspective but the realist in me thinks it will be the rare 20 year old that picks a support system after basketball over the immediate gratification of at least tens of thousands (and possibly hundreds of thousands) of dollars. Probably some out there who can think about the long term, but not that many.

Comment

• Hook'em Headlines

@HookemHeadlines
                            Texas reportedly is in the "lead" over Kansas State and Wichita State (per The Athletic's Andrew Slater) with ORU senior transfer G Max Abmas. Rodney Terry needs a win right now in the portal.

1:53 PM · Apr 13, 2023
                            ·
                            Views
                            Retweets