The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

From what I have read on their 24/7 board, it sounds like Haith has been the lead recruiter for him.
    Haith out recruiting coaches that have had the inside track on Abmas for YEARS would be a tough pill to swallow
    The Assman

Comment

• Surely not every prospective commitment to WSU is waiting on the Max Abmas news? We can skip the first domino and start knocking over the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

From what I have read on their 24/7 board, it sounds like Haith has been the lead recruiter for him.
        Thought it was the rough riding tour bus, but my old ‘saggy balls’ might have been right.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Next years season likely did hinge on Abmas IMO. He was the most likely star to come here that could have made next year a positive one. We didn't get a splash hire and there really isn't any buzz around the program outside of wichita (Like say there was with Tangs hire). HCPM being radio silent hasn't helped. I'm leaning towards it will be a multi year build .. if at all.

I really hope I'm proven wrong in the next few weeks but nothing since the hire has screamed we are ready to compete at the top of D1.
          Tang buzz? They were picked dead last in the B12 and proved everyone wrong. There wasn't much buzz until they started winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Haith out recruiting coaches that have had the inside track on Abmas for YEARS would be a tough pill to swallow
            They were in Tulsa together for years. Max saw what a crap coach Haith is. Why would he follow him and not Mills? Money is the only thing I can think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              I don't care. Abmas isn't the 2nd coming of Curry or something. I mean, he is a hell of a player and would be a hell of a get. But if he doesn't want to come here then fine. We will be ok. The entire season doesn't hinge on Abmas. It will be ok lol.
              I dunno, he’d make a pretty big difference.

You need players to win these days and he’s a player.
              Last edited by ShockerFever; April 13, 2023, 02:58 PM.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Have read that he has also had a relationship with Max for some time as well. I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that Haith is as mediocre as they come.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I dunno, he’d make a pretty mane difference.

You need players to win these days and he’s a player.
                  He may have been the best player we could have landed. But I don't think he is the only path to success. That's all I am saying. I won't panic or change my feelings drastically over losing Abmas.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Not enough cha-ching…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lol .. ironically .. I feel i was always one for the more "positive" members of the forums too .. but something about the direction of the program isn't sitting right with me. Just not a good feeling about it. Maybe it's just more a realization that NIL/Transfer Portal sucks and we aren't good at navigating it lol
                      It seems like you’re regretting IB getting canned.

Trust me, we’re in a better spot than we were a month ago.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Never expected Max to come here. But we do need a couple of PGs and one has to be established on some level for us to have any relevance next year even within the AAC.

We've signed two solid guys, but I wouldn't consider either an upgrade over who we've lost to the portal at their respective positions.

And we still have zero PGs.

Granted, we still have I think six scholarships to give out, but we need to land someone who can step right in and run the team and it would be nice if we could find some sort of dynamic player on the wing or in the post to give the offense some juice.

We still have no idea what we're actually going to get from Rogers. Nobody seems to come here from somewhere else and become a better shooter or even maintain their past levels. So until I see him do it, I'm not banking on him. Also, I never expected him to be a great player, but a guy who could help us keep defenses honest and knock down some open threes.

Mills and Co. still have a **** ton of work to do to make us competitive in conference. Even more to get us competitive nationally.

Hopefully we get better news over the next few days/week and get a better picture of what we'll be working with.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It seems like you’re regretting IB getting canned.

Trust me, we’re in a better spot than we were a month ago.
                          He's not said anything of the sort.

From a coaching perspective we're in a better spot, but that was a pretty low standard to achieve. From a talent standpoint we are not as of yet in a better spot.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

He may have been the best player we could have landed. But I don't think he is the only path to success. That's all I am saying. I won't panic or change my feelings drastically over losing Abmas.
                            Hmm, I don’t believe that.

That sounds like the type of canned response generated when you think we’ve lost him.

If he was coming here, I have a feeling your tune would change slightly.
                            Last edited by ShockerFever; April 13, 2023, 03:18 PM.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Kung Wu For the next two weeks please remove the censor button so I can see my well crafted posts in their entirety. Resonates better when I read them later.
                              **** no!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He's not said anything of the sort.

From a coaching perspective we're in a better spot, but that was a pretty low standard to achieve. From a talent standpoint we are not as of yet in a better spot.
                                He just said he’s unsure about the general direction of the program. The program’s trajectory has already changed from a month ago. He seems bent about the entire roster that was lost from an extremely mediocre team. He seems regretful.

Having a roster overhaul is not necessarily a bad thing. Did people really think everyone would stay after a coaching change?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X