The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I have nothing against him if PM likes him, but Thompson isn’t highly rated. What do you base your opinion on? Just Oral Roberts statistics, or have you seen him play? Bates and Jennings were higher rated recruits.

If he fits Paul Mills style of play and team building, I say fine. However, I know nothing about him, except for a hi-lite video from high school, or maybe an Oral Roberts hi-lite video.
    In addition to what others have pointed out, I think a PG knowing HCPM’s system in his first year here would be critical in an effort to hit the ground running instead of totally rebuilding.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I don't really care about *'s. I just want to get back to that toughness, hustle and IQ that we used to have on the floor. This program and fanbase thrives when it has that Play Angry/MTXE mentality.

Mainly just guys that put everything they have into every play, play smart and play together.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Iowa State G Caleb Grill has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer. https://verbalcommits.com/players/caleb-grill

Comment

• 1175 as of this evening. Caleb Mills back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            1175 as of this evening. Caleb Mills back in.
            I’m so ready for all these 6th year Covid guys to be out of the system

Comment

• You know it’s bad when guys who are in the portal have already seen their car insurance rates drop.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Iowa State G Caleb Grill has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer. https://verbalcommits.com/players/caleb-grill
                Didn't realize he had another year. Don't know squat about the mental issues ( depression ) ?? but I do know he is a very tough energetic skilled player and another local kid. Under the right coach he could be an outstanding asset and probably a solid starter if he were to come here.

Comment

• Being closer to home and his support network might be what he truly needs. I don't know much about him though and I think anyone considering him would need him to be open and honest about what he's been dealing with so they know if they should take the risk and so they know what they can do to help him
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    You know it’s bad when guys who are in the portal have already seen their car insurance rates drop.
                    Pretty sure Deandre Williams was drawing Social Security already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Pretty sure Deandre Williams was drawing Social Security already.
                      He’s a valued AARP member.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• According to 247 Grill has TWO years left and they rate him at .9111. Mills sounds like a coach who could really help Caleb and, if so, Caleb could really help the team. Potential win win if you ask me.

Comment

• Myles just decommitted. I for one am happy with this to open a scholly for a proven transfer vs a guy who will be really good after he’s groomed for a few years. H/S signees just aren’t the way to go anymore unless they can come in and produce at a high level year 1.

Comment

• I assume that we have had no one enter the portal after the one on one talks with HCPM is good news?

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                              . H/S signees just aren’t the way to go anymore unless they can come in and produce at a high level year 1.
                              Sad isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                I assume that we have had no one enter the portal after the one on one talks with HCPM is good news?
                                I really hope Kenny comes back. He's a good player and seems like a solid person off the court. Would also be nice to have someone with 3 years of playing tenure on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X