The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post
    Hopefully there's no actual weight to this. Not at all what I was hoping to see today.
    Wouldn't be shocked if Abmas doesn't end up at WSU. I think some people think it is a foregone conclusion that he will end up a Shocker, but I honestly think he will end up at a P5 and take full advantage of an NIL deal. Wouldn't blame him if he did and I think the Shox will be just fine either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post
      Hopefully there's no actual weight to this. Not at all what I was hoping to see today.
      Naaaa, Texas spends all their NIL money on football.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Did anyone actually think we'd be a front runner for him? He's got one year to showcase himself and can go pretty much anywhere he wants.
        What I always thought. Again would LOVE to have him. But it doesn’t actually make a lot of sense.

Comment

• I do believe we are a front runner for him, but I don't believe we'll be the school he ends up at. I think a lot of fans were hopeful because of Mills, and then we get two commitments yesterday that probably also could have gone elsewhere, which added to that optimism.

It makes a lot of sense for him to come here because of his relationship with Mills, but probably makes more sense for him to end up at a P5.

Comment

• Targets.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Naaaa, Texas spends all their NIL money on football.
              Even the extremely wealthy current and former NBA players that attended Texas?

Your telling me this list of players will funnel their money to the football program?

Texas basketball scores, news, schedule, players, stats, photos, rumors, depth charts on RealGM.com
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Did anyone actually think we'd be a front runner for him? He's got one year to showcase himself and can go pretty much anywhere he wants.
                Initially, I figured he would definitely go to a big Texas school, but then when you see some sites giving WSU a 100% prediction you start think the odds aren't that bad. I guess I just convinced myself we had a really good shot. WSU is a step up, he's been extremely successful in Mills system and knows it works for him, he won't have to fight anyone for minutes and would be the star of the team. When you go to a new even bigger school none of that is guaranteed anymore. With that said, he's made such a name for himself that the odds are in his favor no matter where he chooses.

Comment

• Caleb Grill is visiting Mizzou and West Virginia.

Comment

• Yes, WSU for many reasons please.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Even the extremely wealthy current and former NBA players that attended Texas?

Your telling me this list of players will funnel their money to the football program?

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/c...60/nba-players
                      that's what everybody told me last week, yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                        I am very impatient but am willing to give this time to play out.
                        As if any of us have a choice in the matter.

Comment

• Trevin Wade is back in the portal, looking to play for his 4th school.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Texas is a finalist for a guard from Rice by the name of Olivari who averaged 19ppg. Hopefully, he will choose Texas and soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                              Texas is a finalist for a guard from Rice by the name of Olivari who averaged 19ppg. Hopefully, he will choose Texas and soon.
                              If Texas signing Abmas means Wichita ends up w/ Olivari, I'd take that trade in a second. That dude is a stud, but I'm certain he'll be looking P5 for exposure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                                Texas is a finalist for a guard from Rice by the name of Olivari who averaged 19ppg. Hopefully, he will choose Texas and soon.
                                Terry will mess up Texas like he has every other program he was a head coach at. Paulino was his Assistant for a number of years at Fresno, and I think UTEP, and he knows all the "dirt" on him , and where all his "skeletons" are buried. :)

Asmas won't go there.

Comment

Working...
                                X