No announcement yet.

As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told this to a few people over the weekend, and I will say it again.

Today is February 27. I am REALLY curious to know what we will know on March 27. Oh, to be inside Kevin Saal's head right now.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      I told this to a few people over the weekend, and I will say it again.

Today is February 27. I am REALLY curious to know what we will know on March 27. Oh, to be inside Kevin Saal's head right now.
      I think we'll know quite a bit by March 13th in if we have a HC or not.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If IB comes back, he needs to make some coaching changes on the bench. We need a Jans type #1 assistant that can help with the X's and O's. We have enough recruiters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I think we'll know quite a bit by March 13th in if we have a HC or not.
          And if we don't have an HC on March 13, we probably will have a new one by March 27. Curious who that will be if that comes to fruition.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

And if we don't have an HC on March 13, we probably will have a new one by March 27. Curious who that will be if that comes to fruition.
            I'm with you there. Not knowing enough about Saal it's hard to even predict what direction he might go. I know we all have our favorites or top 3 or whatever, but he's the one that matters.

I just hope we get to find out who he has in mind sooner rather than later.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
              I don't like that he will be back, but I've always expected him to be back at least for next year. I do think IB is getting better and the team is getting better. It is an indict on IB that it took so long for them to get to this point.

I'm less concerned about transfers than most seem to be. The players have been giving coaches credit more this year, taking blame for not playing well despite coach's game plan, players like Pierre have talked about how the coaches getting onto him about defense made him buy into the system, etc. Last year there were clear issues in the locker room, the coaches were obviously not communicating well with the players, and that lead to the transfer situation. We will have transfer, but I don't think we will lose our most important players.
              I agree with pretty much everything here except I don't believe IB will be back at WSU.

The locker room last year was TERRIBLE, and it came as a shock to the coaching staff for sure after they really rallied around IB and staff in 20-21. From all accounts, the guys this season seem to like each other even though everything hasn't been hunky dory. Porter's comments about Pierre after the Tulane game were awesome.

FWIW, I think a SWAC/Southland school looking for a coach should pick up IB because I think it would be a very good fit. His growth as a coach has been good, and that's also where his roots and recruiting relationships are.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I agree with pretty much everything here except I don't believe IB will be back at WSU.

The locker room last year was TERRIBLE, and it came as a shock to the coaching staff for sure after they really rallied around IB and staff in 20-21. From all accounts, the guys this season seem to like each other even though everything hasn't been hunky dory. Porter's comments about Pierre after the Tulane game were awesome.

FWIW, I think a SWAC/Southland school looking for a coach should pick up IB because I think it would be a very good fit. His growth as a coach has been good, and that's also where his roots and recruiting relationships are.
                If for some reason HCIB is back my biggest concern next year will be Porter. He's gone no matter what. Not only is he the only capable PG on the team but I've seen all year how he's been the leader in the locker room and holding the team together. So is it really that the coaching staff has gotten them to stick together this year? or is it Porter that has been the glue
                Last edited by Stickboy46; February 27, 2023, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Amateur Hour is on Tuesday's.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Amateur Hour is on Tuesday's.
                    Clearly they don't teach you the difference between plural and possessive at the asylum.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Clearly they don't teach you the difference between plural and possessive at the asylum.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It's just sad. March Madness just isn't the same when you have no rooting interest.

Miss reading the bubble watch articles and seeing WSU mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                          Also, agree that single game ticket prices are too much for this poor guy.
                          Have you checked the prices on the secondary, resale markets such as StubHub. I have not personally gone that route but many on here have.

Their is a BOGO promotion for the South Florida game (Senior Day):

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Have you checked the prices on the secondary, resale markets such as StubHub. I have not personally gone that route but many on here have.

https://goshockers.com/html_emails/2...0-d4161ec856e3

I've always wondered why they don't give 'free' tickets to The Boys & Girls Club, Rainbows United, Boys/Girls Scouts of American or even YMCA or other important local youth/non-profit organizations; especially when attendance is at 60-50%. You'd think the additional food and drink revenue would make it worth considering. I can't think anyone that has 'season tickets' would have a problem with it. Guess I don't see the downside. Maybe build some future Shocker fans.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Why is this just limited to GA seats? At this point, just make the whole damn arena BOGO. It irked me that there wasn't more of a push to at least try to get close to selling out Houston/Memphis games (particularly Houston...because having a Top 5 team roll into Wichita happens every week, right?).

Look, people likely aren't spending $75 on a lower bowl seat against USF...but they might spend $30. Would you rather have $30 in the ICAA coffers or ZERO?

That's the other thing I am curious to see this offseason...how season ticket prices are handled. If ICAA runs it back with the same $500-600 per seat price range (and the high SASO fee to go with it), then it deserves every bit of financial distress that would be headed its way.
                              78-65

Comment

• I saw an article on how they will handle football next season in the American. I have not seen how they will handle basketball. Anyone have that?

(The following is intended to get you thinking, that is all. It is NOT a commentary on what should or will happen, unless you think it is).

Let's say, for whatever reason, IB is the coach next year (there are several reasons this could be the case).

UH, UCF and UC are gone.

If the conference goes E/W 2/1 we might get Tulsa (2), UNT (2), SMU (2), UTSA (2), Rice (2), Memphis (2), Tulane, FAU, USF at home and Temple, ECU, Charlotte (might not play 1 team like UAB) on the road.

We would likely return Walton, Pierre, Pohto, Bell, Rogers, Abide, Ballard for sure and if we could find a PG, would probably be picked 2-3-4 in the conference. 11-14 conference wins at least.

Could it be kind of a Valley ++ scenario? Outside of Memphis, nobody takes basketball as seriously as we do. IB would easily be in the top 3-4 coaches in that league.

Would people return to and enjoy a more successful season against lesser opponents in that scenario?

Comment

Working...
                                X