No announcement yet.

As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even back in the days of "transfer and sit a year", we always had 2 or 3 guys leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Even back in the days of "transfer and sit a year", we always had 2 or 3 guys leave.
      Yes, but they were usually just end of bench guys....not the main guys
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yes, but they were usually just end of bench guys....not the main guys
        Reaves was probably the last main guy that had to sit

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

He's not normal. #Ignore
          If believing that covid had nothing to do with the Shockers winning the AAC 2 years ago is abnormal, to you, then there's need to waste my breath suggesting that you blow it out your a** Father Flanagan. See how I did that?

Ignore...

Comment

• Everybody has a free trfr. IB will sign run off waivers. I don't like that, but it's the lesser of two evils when players want to trfr.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Everybody has a free trfr. IB will sign run off waivers. I don't like that, but it's the lesser of two evils when players want to trfr.
              NCAA is no longer making that part of the process from my understanding. I guess we’ll all see how this plays out in the offseason. Still a lot of question marks.

Comment

• Welcome to purgatory. IB is here for another season. Can't deny the team is improving (I know too little too late) and we don't have the coin. Barring a collapse the rest of the way I'd be shocked if he didn't get another season. Start preparing yourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

If believing that covid had nothing to do with the Shockers winning the AAC 2 years ago is abnormal, to you, then there's need to waste my breath suggesting that you blow it out your a** Father Flanagan. See how I did that?

Ignore...
                  So IB winning AAC in a a COVID year, with a roster built by Marshall is somehow a better achievement then what Marshall did in his first year in the AAC?!
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Welcome to purgatory. IB is here for another season. Can't deny the team is improving (I know too little too late) and we don't have the coin. Barring a collapse the rest of the way I'd be shocked if he didn't get another season. Start preparing yourselves.
                    Brown was fortunate to have an experienced PG who knew the program and that, for the most part, keeping Rojas under control.

Absolute Musts:

1) Hold on to the crowded, but important SG and SF players of Walton, Pierre, and Rogers.

2) Same goes for Pohto at center and a continuing to improve Abbide at the 4/5.

3) Losing 5th year Porter at PG is huge. We will need 2 quality point guards, one a freshman, the other a successfully experienced Juco or transfer.

4) Losing 5th year Rojas at the PF is another "must" to fill with experience.

Anything less than this may lead to a lesser year than this one, even if Brown improves as a HC. Obviously, the staff did a good job with 4 of the recruits that came in for this year. I'm not confident anyone else has "being a quality starter" capability, but some are backup worthy.

Comment

• Can’t believe some have already given up hope of a regime change. I look at empty seats and think no way the man is back next year. Saal should do what Keith Carter did after the next loss.

Comment

• The local media is Randy Quaid in Major League, but most of this board is Randy Quaid in Major League 2.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                          Can’t believe some have already given up hope of a regime change. I look at empty seats and think no way the man is back next year. Saal should do what Keith Carter did after the next loss.
                          i have to think too little too late.

We’re 2-6 at home. We’ve got a bad record and not a shot at NIT or NCAA tourney. It’s his third year and what is there to show for it?

This is purely a money question. Can Saal repair with Koch and other major donars? If he can, then we need to upgrade now. Another year like this is really going to be purgatory. I don’t want us to settle for mediocre, which is what we are (maybe even slightly less than mediocre).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                            It’s his third year and what is there to show for it?
                            Ummm, a team that has improved leaps and bounds from the start of the season, and that is playing a highly entertaining brand of basketball?

I completely get the regime change thinking. I understand IB is lacking in the soft skills required of a head coach, and that fans and donors are staying away. However if he could keep the key guys and add some more Waltons, Rojas, and Pierre quality guys we could be really good next year. The fans would come back, especially if single game ticket prices are adjusted to reasonable levels. For all of his shortcomings I think IB is a decent coach with the X’s and O’s and recruiting.

I’m afraid anyone we bring in is going to lose our good players and it’s going to be two more years before we have any chance of sniffing the tournament again.

Comment

• I haven't heard anyone mention sharp shooter Rogers or a healthy QB for next year. Also, agree that single game ticket prices are too much for this poor guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                                I haven't heard anyone mention sharp shooter Rogers or a healthy QB for next year. Also, agree that single game ticket prices are too much for this poor guy.
                                Unless those two are Clyde The Glide and Hakeem The Dream, the Show are in trouble.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X