No announcement yet.

As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone needs to realize we are already borrowing from the University due to the deficits caused by COVID and the past two seasons of declining SASO contributions which go 100% to athletic scholarships. Losing basketball games makes it even more dire. Declining attendance will continue until a winning team is put out there. The problem with borrowing money is that eventually it has to be paid back. I don’t know when the current borrowings will be required to be repaid.

There is significant donor fatigue at Wichita State after the fund raising the past few years. The good news is, we have a new Business School which was desperately needed. We saw significant improvements to Koch Arena and to Eck Stadium. All funded by private donations. And now, a new Softball Stadium which also was needed.

Near term fund raising will be difficult to accomplish a buy out. Difficult, but not impossible. I don’t know if it can happen this year or not.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      Yeah. WSU was at its peak in the 90’s. It’s a shame Marshall ruined the school when he was hired.
      Huh?

Comment

I hope the school and administration isn't gun shy to make a move due to PC pressures. I'm afraid that's a reality in today's climate.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Huh?
          You said bad basketball = high enrollment. Marshall mush have ruined that and plunged the school into darkness with all the success he saw.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

You said bad basketball = high enrollment. Marshall mush have ruined that and plunged the school into darkness with all the success he saw.
            No I said the basketball program has little to do with the success of the university and the revenue of the athletic department is fractions of pennies on the dollar of Foundation and research money brought in. Good basketball helps the mood of the city and people surrounding the university and does make a big difference in sales of licensed products but at the end of the day, beyond the athletic department it rates as the least of their worries to people like Muma and Tomblin, who want to kick KU and KState’s ass in innovation, enrollment increases and research dollars (which they are doing by the way). I looked into the Foundation Reports today and money earmarked for athletics was much lower than I thought. Actually, I was taking a shot at Kung, who knows I am right.

Comment

No I said the basketball program has little to do with the success of the university and the revenue of the athletic department is fractions of pennies on the dollar of Foundation and research money brought in. Good basketball helps the mood of the city and people surrounding the university and does make a big difference in sales of licensed products but at the end of the day, beyond the athletic department it rates as the least of their worries to people like Muma and Tomblin, who want to kick KU and KState’s ass in innovation, enrollment increases and research dollars (which they are doing by the way). I looked into the Foundation Reports today and money earmarked for athletics was much lower than I thought. Actually, I was taking a shot at Kung, who knows I am right.
              "WSU's NIAR has determined that weights and balances checks during test flights are critical to the continued excellence in digitally transforming the B-1 aircraft. As such, about 5% of the $100M grant by the US Air Force to transform the B-1 will be earmarked toward the WSU men's basketball team, who will be contracted to fly to all away games in the experimental B-1 aircraft in order to collect critical test data."
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm sure someone here knows more than I do. Has Saal been part of major coaching changes at Murray State or anywhere else? Obviously he hired Prohm recently, but was he in charge of firing a coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

"WSU's NIAR has determined that weights and balances checks during test flights are critical to the continued excellence in digitally transforming the B-1 aircraft. As such, about 5% of the $100M grant by the US Air Force to transform the B-1 will be earmarked toward the WSU men's basketball team, who will be contracted to fly to all away games in the experimental B-1 aircraft in order to collect critical test data."
                  It’s either that or a Greyhound bus next year.

Comment

Somewhere there is a shock of wheat, one that nobody knew was important. Somehow that shock of wheat became mad about what happened at Hillside and 21st. Its wrath will reign for a few more years at the roundhouse until all have been beat into submission.

Or maybe Brown is gone in March. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                      Everyone needs to realize we are already borrowing from the University due to the deficits caused by COVID and the past two seasons of declining SASO contributions which go 100% to athletic scholarships. Losing basketball games makes it even more dire. Declining attendance will continue until a winning team is put out there. The problem with borrowing money is that eventually it has to be paid back. I don’t know when the current borrowings will be required to be repaid.

There is significant donor fatigue at Wichita State after the fund raising the past few years. The good news is, we have a new Business School which was desperately needed. We saw significant improvements to Koch Arena and to Eck Stadium. All funded by private donations. And now, a new Softball Stadium which also was needed.

Near term fund raising will be difficult to accomplish a buy out. Difficult, but not impossible. I don’t know if it can happen this year or not.
                      Very good post. Sorry I didn’t read it until just now.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                        Somewhere there is a shock of wheat, one that nobody knew was important. Somehow that shock of wheat became mad about what happened at Hillside and 21st. Its wrath will reign for a few more years at the roundhouse until all have been beat into submission.

Or maybe Brown is gone in March. I hope so.
                        Maybe you're on to something; it's like 'The Curse of the Wheaties Box', but I don't recall us ever being on the box. Oh $hit, we were on the SI Cover; "Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us".

Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Unless they want to fan base to dwindle further, it better be zero.
                          The Assman

Comment

This vote is pretty close…

Comment

It'd be pretty baller filming your college basketball team pouring out of the bomb bay of a B-1 aircraft.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This vote is pretty close…
                                the vote is whether he will be back, not whether he SHOULD be back

Comment

Working...
                                X