Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I’m afraid you might be right. Might be time to start a new coaching tree
    If Saul starts a new tree, I’m afraid he’ll want to hire who he knows(Prohm), and Prohm would be a mistake fit here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Even in the unlikely event 3G would be considered I am not to sure he would even be interested at this point. He might be, he might not be. Who knows?
      3G is too toxic for anyone outside of part of the fan base that still loves him. We need to stop looking in the rearview mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If Saul starts a new tree, I’m afraid he’ll want to hire who he knows(Prohm), and Prohm would be a mistake fit here.
        Agreed
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
          Squeaky BW is better than most…. How about this guy…

Bellarmine University head coach Scott Davenport joins the Basketball Podcast to discuss pressing on offense with the pass.Scott Davenport became the 11th co...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T2T4bJh165g
          I never totally adapted it to youth games, but I did have practices where they could not dribble the ball after crossing half court. It seemed to really help ball movement, setting picks, offensive player movement, and improved passing both in number and accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

3G is too toxic for anyone outside of part of the fan base that still loves him. We need to stop looking in the rearview mirror.
            Toxic or not, Some of the people who are strong supporters of GGG are big money donors. They are the main ones for Saul to get a handle on for him to afford a new coach.

Comment

Tossing some names in here from another thread:

Grant McCasland - $800,000 (not sure this would work considering UNT is joining the AAC)
              Greg Heiar - $300,000
              Chris Jans - $2,400,000 (not going to work)
              Bob Richey - Not disclosed, probably feasible.
              Bryan Mullins - $475,000
              Darian DeVries - $500,000
              Jeff Boals - $581,000
              Jeff Linder - $700,000

Probably need to limit the list to candidates in the $1,000,000 to $1,500,000 range unless the donor base steps up.

Comment

I'm still not convinced that Jans wouldn't entertain it. Family matters. A lot.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I love 3G and booting him was a massive mistake made by a novice president in way over his head and an inept AD. But once you terminate a firebrand, rehiring them would also be a massive mistake. Their arrogance and attitude get misdirected and turn from something that used to be focused outward (beating the hell out of opponents) to somewhat inward (beating the hell out of his bosses and naysayers). That bridge is burnt, it pains me to say.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Coach Brown isn’t going anywhere unless we don’t at least go .500. We don’t have the money to fire him. I still think he can get the job done. We have a solid group of basketball players but it will take some time for them to get on the same page. Saturday was a bad loss but we have had those before. I’m not ready to give up on this team. We didn’t make wide open shots and they shot the ball pretty well with some lucky bank shots. I would start Pierre over Bell. We need his offense in the first group.

Comment

Would cost no new dollars for 3G. And the house would be packed again. Toxic my a$$. Gregg will be coaching again somewhere and then we will be chumps. You can’t tell me that Coaches can come back from multiple cheating scandals but ours can’t come back from the tap on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                        Would cost no new dollars for 3G. And the house would be packed again. Toxic my a$$. Gregg will be coaching again somewhere and then we will be chumps. You can’t tell me that Coaches can come back from multiple cheating scandals but ours can’t come back from the tap on the back.
                        But what if he just doesn’t want to coach anymore?

He has all the money he will ever need.
                        He might have zero desire to deal with the NIL world.
                        He is going to be 60 in February.

I mean, I agree with you. Dude should absolutely be able to coach if he still wants that.

But what we aren’t considering is that Gregg might be perfectly content to sit on the beach and play golf for the rest of his days. If he wanted back in the game, I think he’d more likely to take a TV gig than to coach again.
                        78-65

Comment

Why wouldn't it cost any new dollars?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Why wouldn't it cost any new dollars?
                            Probably an assumption that Gregg would just accept his halved payout to coach... More likely is it would void the separation agreement and WSU would be on the hook for the OTHER 7 million that 3G gave up by signing the agreement. It would be disaster all around.

Comment

Wonder if Lon Krueger would come out of retirement for a couple of years to rehabilitate our poor hurting program?

Comment

I wonder how Texas A&M is feeling about their contract with Jimbo Fisher?

Comment

Working...
                                X