Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This article (need an ESPN+ account to read it) does briefly mention that WSU has interest in Bob Richey (per sources). FWIW.....which isn't much lol

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-top-vacancies

Bob Richey has been a hot name for a few carousel cycles, but it's unclear what might be attractive enough for him to jump this month. Wichita State has interest in Richey, per sources.
    This shows under "March 18th update"

This is the first time that I have seen Richey as a candidate (per sources) I believe.
    Last edited by shockerfan; March 20, 2023, 08:52 AM.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

This is a very disappointing list. Sampson is the only one that would get me excited.
      I actually think Spradlin is pretty good.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post
        Here’s to another week of checking Shockernet and twitter more than I should at work.
        That's every week for me.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I actually think Spradlin is pretty good.
          Mar. 31—Morehead State men's basketball coach Preston Spradlin signed a new contract extension through the 2025-26 season after the Eagles completed their second straight 23-win campaign. Morehead State also made consecutive appearances in the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament championship game. Spradlin became just the second coach in program history to guide his team to 20 or more victories ...
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              In the end, money talks. Unless he absolutely loves the school/team, there is always a dollar amount. Human nature.

I'm always a free agent too. If someone came to me saying they would double my salary, I'm gone. Guessing my SNers are of the same mindset.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I’ll let Kevin know…. I’m sure he values you being tired of waiting… he’ll speed it up to
                please you…
                I said I'm tired of speculation. I haven't heard Saal speculate one time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

In the end, money talks. Unless he absolutely loves the school/team, there is always a dollar amount. Human nature.

I'm always a free agent too. If someone came to me saying they would double my salary, I'm gone. Guessing my SNers are of the same mindset.
                  Oh for sure. And no doubt we would offer him above $500k as well.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I would think a 7 figure salary would be a no brainer offer.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Ed Cooley listed his house on the market. Looks like he will be at Georgetown now. Which opens up Providence.

I mean it's no surprise, He has basically said he was leaving. But still....

Comment

• This coaching search highlights what a poor job was done in hiring IB who probably could have been had easily @ 400K for three years. Don't disagree with his hiring but the contract we gave him was ludicrous !

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          Ed Cooley listed his house on the market. Looks like he will be at Georgetown now. Which opens up Providence.

I mean it's no surprise, He has basically said he was leaving. But still....
                          He must be getting a nice raise since he's a Providence native.

Comment

• Rem keep an eye on Doc's house/// black smoke no new coach yet... white smoke a new coach has been chosen.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• If they are just hoping to bump Richey to $500K, we should be able to double that at least, no?
                              Last edited by shock-it-to-me; March 20, 2023, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• At least WSU isn't dealing with this mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X