Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not necessarily an apples to apples comparison but IIRC Kevin Saal was somewhat of a surpirse hiring that was kept pretty quiet right up to the announcement of his hiring. I could be mis-remembering that. I think ADKS is approaching this as professionally and as thorughly as he can. As someone else pointed out this hire could make or break ADKS and I'm sure he is very congnizant of that and of how important this hire is. Not sure we have had an AD in place since Jim Schaus who I could say I feel pretty confident that he knows what he is doing.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 19, 2023, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Would be equivalent to Spradlin.

Are we really scraping this floor for crumbs?
        Looks like you're starting to get uptight dingleberry. Don't go changing your tune now.

Comment

• So the Pat Kelsey train is full of steam again!!
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Not necessarily an apples to apples comparison but IIRC Kevin Saal was somewhat of a surpirse hiring that was kept pretty quiet right up to the announcement of his hiring. I could be mis-remembering that. I think ADKS is approaching this as professionally and as thorughly as he can. As someone else pointed out this hire could make or break ADKS and I'm sure he is very congnizant of that and of how important this hire is. Not sure we have had an AD in place since Jim Schaus who I could say I feel pretty confident that he knows what he is doing.
            And not only that he knows it’s a make or break for wsu as well with the NIL/TP/Conference realignments going on rn. But it could also be his bid to a big P5 if this works out. I know people here want folks who stick around for a long time but I think having a guy whose Vision is upward isnt the worst thing ever because they won’t leave unless they are having a lot of success

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              So the Pat Kelsey train is full of steam again!!
              sorry I haven’t been on a ton today, is there some mention of him somewhere or just on here the Kelsey train is active again??

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

sorry I haven’t been on a ton today, is there some mention of him somewhere or just on here the Kelsey train is active again??
                Just after Taylor’s tweet of the three candidates he mentioned, the buzz on SN died off for Kelsey as being a potential candidate.

Now that Taylor said even though those are just the top three names he’s heard and it could mean nothing, it means Kelsey still could be a candidate being considered.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Just after Taylor’s tweet of the three candidates he mentioned, the buzz on SN died off for Kelsey as being a potential candidate.

Now that Taylor said even though those are just the top three names he’s heard and it could mean nothing, it means Kelsey still could be a candidate being considered.
                  hopefully Taylor’s tweet was just a smoke screen

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Looks like you're starting to get uptight dingleberry. Don't go changing your tune now.

Your obsession with poop spheres is slightly worrisome.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We could do a lot worse than John Becker.

Becker is strikingly similar to Marshall. Won from the get go at Vermont, has stayed when he could have left, and did I mention he is a winner? Never had a season with less than 20 wins, much less a losing season, and has straight up dominated his conference winning 8 of the last 12 and 7 in a row to date.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

They would be flying into Jabara if it had anything to do with WSU. Doubt this is anything.
                        I posted this as a joke lol. It's just a random person posting a random flight lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                          Could mean one of several things.

I think Kellen could be a stud. His dad is clearly an elite coach and has taken Houston from a mid level school to one of the best in the nation. Kellen has been there every step of the way. He knows what it takes on an intimate level. You see his interviews and he's got swagger, but more than that, he's a convincing orator.

Some of the other guys we are talking about, I have no idea. But I wonder what would happen if Isaac Brown--especially the Isaac Brown that coached the team we saw the last month and a half--were the head coach at Morehead State.
                          Fair point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Just curious why no one did the same for the flights from Deer Valley (PHX), Fort Worth, Hampton Roads, San Francisco or Raleigh Durham.

Y’all slipping.
                            Well I was on flights from Phoenix to Dallas and Dallas here and no coaches I saw… several players, though

Comment

• Here’s to another week of checking Shockernet and twitter more than I should at work.

Comment

• If it is anyone other than Kellen I think an announcement comes late this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X