No announcement yet.

Game Day Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickety Rack Ree, Kick' em in the knee!
    Rickety Rick Ras, Kick 'em in the other knee!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      The other fight song that we don't hear as much anymore, Shocker Fight Song, has these lyrics. Not as good or as smooth as the Hail Wichita lyrics. Obviously this fight song was developed after we became Wichita State University. The "fight, fight, Wichita" portion has the same notes as "Hail, hail, Wichita".

Go, you Shockers, fight the enemy,
      Make them kneel before our Varsity,
      We’re behind you with our battle cry.
      Indestructible we’ll do or die for
      Wichita State University.
      We are brave and we’re bold,
      So we will Fight, Fight, Wichita,
      For the Black and Gold.
      I had no clue that song had lyrics. Very cool.

Comment

• Then there is the Kappa Kappa Psi (band service fraternity) song, whose lyrics start with:

We're a bunch of bastards, scum of the earth...

And it goes downhill from there.

The tune is the trio section from Our Director march.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Did I miss something about not having games tip a the usual 7:00 time?

Seems like their are a lot of 6:00 and 6:30 tip times.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Did I miss something about not having games tip a the usual 7:00 time?

Seems like their are a lot of 6:00 and 6:30 tip times.
            Yeah, it appears that 6:30 is the standard weeknight time and 6:00 is the standard Saturday time when not dictated by linear TV. I wonder if that was some feedback from the fanbase to make the games a little bit earlier in the evening.

For the record, I’m neutral about it. I don’t necessarily like it but I don’t dislike it either.

78-65

Comment

• Any double doubles tonight?
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Shocker sound machine halftime performance is a very cool and unique thing we have

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Any double doubles tonight?
                  Ballard 10 points, 10 rebounds. Pohto had 11 rebounds, but only 9 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Any double doubles tonight?
                    Quincy had 10/10. Kenny was close with 9 points and 11 rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      Shocker sound machine halftime performance is a very cool and unique thing we have
                      They were great.

Comment

• Ballard is far above my expectations thus far. Hoping him and all our Shocker players stay healthy.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Plus chicken strips and fries on the Wu Value menu.

Nachos need a ton of work. Are we really in such dire straights that nachos must be served in a hermetically sealed bag to avoid whatever negatives they may pass along? And if they must be bagged...can they at least be fresh and warm?

Comment

• I thought the nachos were supposed to be stale? Isn't that what Rosewood always looked forward to?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If WSU wants to put more butts in the seats, tickets need to be cheaper. Yes, there are some promos scattered in. Thursday night's game shows a $15 GA ticket. That is a reasonable price. Maybe they will flip to having GA tickets being $15-20 for every game. But you can't have the cheapest ticket in the house set at $40. I know revenue is important, but I would think it is better to sell 1000 tickets at $15 than 100 tickets at $40.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I agree with cheaper tickets............for now. As a kid about 65 years ago kids Igot in free to the football games with paid parents. Kids sat in the end zone. My dad started taking me to basketball games when the roundhouse opened and we sat in GA behind the basket. The point is that I became an avid fan at an early age and still am today. I'd suggest GA tickets set at $15 with a FREE kid ticket with each one. Family of four price $30. That will start building a younger fan base and sell a lot more dogs/drinks etc plus create a more exciting atmoshere.

Comment

Working...
                                X