No announcement yet.

Game Day Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very glad that the woman with the high, squeaky voice is gone. She’d say something into the microphone, and my husband and I would turn to each other and say, “What did she say?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      I am very glad that the woman with the high, squeaky voice is gone. She’d say something into the microphone, and my husband and I would turn to each other and say, “What did she say?”
      Ah. But we still have the gal on the South end who screeches "Let's go Kenny!" or fill in the blank. She is skilled at waiting until complete silence. It is grating on the nerves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Ah. But we still have the gal on the South end who screeches "Let's go Kenny!" or fill in the blank. She is skilled at waiting until complete silence. It is grating on the nerves.
        We had some friends in Omaha back around 1981 or so. When we went up to visit, we took in a WSU vs Creighton game. I think we were about the only shockers fans there other than those sitting by the team. Everytime the Shoxs put on a display ( which were many) my wife would be the lone voice in the crowd around us, screaming and yelling. Those Creighton fans glared at us and yelled nasty remarks to the end of the game. I thought I would have to fight my way out.

Sorry, it just brought back that memory. But the girl you speak of is obviously in love with KP. So let her go.

Comment

• I'll give it to her. She is consistent. She used to be in love with Darryl Willis, too. Ha!

Comment

I'll give it to her. She is consistent. She used to be in love with Darryl Willis, too. Ha!
            I have no idea who you're talking about but I can only imagine she's a member of the unicorns and rainbows group.

Comment

I'll give it to her. She is consistent. She used to be in love with Darryl Willis, too. Ha!

Same gal? Pretty fickle, isn’t she?

Comment

• I sit very, very close to her....it's something.
                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                  I sit very, very close to her....it's something.
                  I'd be curious to hear the audio.

Comment

• Getting back to the game day experience it really only took a year to implement a couple of the things our group came up with in those sessions ADKS and staff held last fall. A family friendly pricing menu and improved/quicker access to the arena at the entrances. Adding the Shocker Sound and or the marching band out front of the main entrance was a stroke of genius as far as I am concerned and using them for halftime entertainment has been pretty slick. At the Service Academies after a game of either Football or Basketball the players stand in front of the cadets/students and sing either the fight song or alma mater. Someone mentioned that the Shocks have done this once this year? Is this something they are continuing to do? If so that is pretty cool.

Comment

• Forgot the light show. I like that as well

Comment

• I’ve been curious to know if there is a way to determine how many people in the Wichita area stay home and watch Shocker home games on ESPN+, and how that may/may not be impacting attendance.

Comment

• What are the words to Dudley Do Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                            I’ve been curious to know if there is a way to determine how many people in the Wichita area stay home and watch Shocker home games on ESPN+, and how that may/may not be impacting attendance.
                            Take the metro population and subtract 6-7k. We all know everybody loves the Shockers and ONLY the Shockers in Wichita!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              I’ve been curious to know if there is a way to determine how many people in the Wichita area stay home and watch Shocker home games on ESPN+, and how that may/may not be impacting attendance.
                              That's the streaming world we live in. If the games weren't readily available for next to nothing then there'd be a lot more fans at the games.
                              Last edited by BostonWu; November 11, 2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                Shocker sound machine halftime performance is a very cool and unique thing we have
                                Yes. Also, is the team going to the band/student section and singing the fight song after a game now?

Comment

Working...
                                X