• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

"WSU Pre-Threshed" program.
      Season ticket holders should have an option to do a tsa pre-check type thing.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Gonna have to get me one of these…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Looks like there are people listening to the fans for once. As I have said before I hope people realize what a good AD we now have and pay him accordingly. Would hate to see him go for the lack of a very nice financial package. I realize he has only been on the job a short while but from what I can see things seem to be trending upwards Go Shocks

Comment

Gonna have to get me one of these…

I'm not too impressed with that effort. I suspect they will have quite a few available at some point. I'm not going to bother picking mine up.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Fact book you say?
                  1. The shortest war in history: The Anglo-Zanzibar War, which took place on August 27, 1896, is often considered the shortest war in history. It lasted between 38 and 45 minutes and ended with a British victory over the Sultanate of Zanzibar.
                  2. The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer: Due to the expansion of iron when it's exposed to higher temperatures, the Eiffel Tower can grow up to 15 centimeters (about 6 inches) in height during a hot summer day.
                  3. Octopuses have three hearts: Most octopuses have three hearts. Two pump blood to the gills, where it's oxygenated, and the third pumps oxygenated blood to the rest of the body. This adaptation helps them survive in the deep sea where oxygen levels can be low.
                  4. There's a species of jellyfish known as "immortal" jellyfish: Turritopsis dohrnii, often called the "immortal" jellyfish, has the remarkable ability to revert back to its juvenile form after reaching maturity, potentially allowing it to live indefinitely.
                  5. The world's largest desert is not the Sahara: Many people think the Sahara Desert in Africa is the largest in the world, but it's actually the Antarctic Desert. A desert is defined by its low precipitation, and Antarctica receives very little precipitation, making it the largest desert on Earth.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Or you can save your $20 bucks and go to: https://goshockers.com/documents/2023/11/1/2023-24_MBB_FactBook.pdf

I do like the cover. Uusually they just put the seniors on the cover.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 3, 2023, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Or you can save your $20 bucks and go to: https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s...B_FactBook.pdf

I do like the cover. Uusually they just put the seniors on the cover.
                      Also here: 2023-24 MBB Fact Book (PDF) - Wichita State Athletics (goshockers.com)

Comment

• A few thoughts from the exhibition.

I enjoy the drum line playing outside as you walk into the arena. It makes it feel more like a college gameday experience.
                        After the game when the band played the fight song, they stopped and sang the lyrics for a round. I doubt most people my generation know the words so I thought it was a neat throwback.

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                          A few thoughts from the exhibition.

I enjoy the drum line playing outside as you walk into the arena. It makes it feel more like a college gameday experience.
                          After the game when the band played the fight song, they stopped and sang the lyrics for a round. I doubt most people my generation know the words so I thought it was a neat throwback.

Comment

I learned a very slightly different version when I was in marching band.

Here is what is shown at goshockers.com:

All Hail! Hail! Wichita U.
                            Rah! Rah! Rah for Wichita
                            March onward banners high,
                            With courage, force that can never die, Rah!

We’ll fight for Wichita,
                            Brave spirits never fail,
                            To Wichita all loyalty,
                            Hail! Our Varsity,
                            Triumphantly, Hail!

The lyrics I learned are:

Hail! Hail! Wichita
                            You Rah! Rah! Rah for Wichita
                            March onward banners high,
                            With courage, force that will never die, Rah!

We’ll fight for Wichita,
                            Brave spirits never fail,
                            To Wichita our loyalty,
                            May Our Varsity,
                            Triumphantly, Hail!

Last edited by ShockBand; November 3, 2023, 01:23 PM.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The other fight song that we don't hear as much anymore, Shocker Fight Song, has these lyrics. Not as good or as smooth as the Hail Wichita lyrics. Obviously this fight song was developed after we became Wichita State University. The "fight, fight, Wichita" portion has the same notes as "Hail, hail, Wichita".

Go, you Shockers, fight the enemy,
                              Make them kneel before our Varsity,
                              We’re behind you with our battle cry.
                              Indestructible we’ll do or die for
                              Wichita State University.
                              We are brave and we’re bold,
                              So we will Fight, Fight, Wichita,
                              For the Black and Gold.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think not teaching the lyrics before this has always been a missed opportunity for WSU. The crowd being able to sing both fight songs would be great.

Also, know they play the Alma mater before the game, but I think it would be kind of cool to do it after the game with the team on the floor and the crowd singing with them like Norte Dame (and others) do after football games. Could do that for all sports too.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X