• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    BFD until the product on the floor improves
    It's ok to do two things at once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's ok to do two things at once.
      I'd save every penny to fund a new coach, not glitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'd save every penny to fund a new coach, not glitter.
        And that's why you aren't an AD

Comment

And that's why you aren't an AD
          Nor are you.
          how's the sating go.. something about lipstick on a pig....

Comment

• Half or more of this board pissed and moaned about the gameday experience while we were good. While I didn’t find those issues to be that big of a deal, it’s different from firing and hiring a coach.

It’s logistically the easiest problem to fix compared to replacing a coach. Saving money for a buyout or a new coach by eliminating expenses is a short-term “solution” that may make some people feel better about saving costs, but long-term, it is a bad approach.

Karl Peterjohn would vote no on improving the gameday experience for WSU fans.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• It wasn't half of the board, but there were many criticisms about surrounding issues.

1. Some prioritize craft beers, beer delivery, a nice bar, good food, half-time dancers maybe, a DJ, being seen by the in group, and other peripheral experiences, etc. etc. etc. while the basketball is secondary.
              2. Others prioritize the basketball game, a well coached team, national respect, winning, a Top 50 Team, etc., and other ancillary issues are secondary.
              3. Still others appreciate both, and are drawn to a more general experience.

Maybe both can be accomplished at the same time (winning is the most difficult to accomplish). I don't know what the current 5-6 K fans prioritize. However, imo, until both can be accomplished, 5-6 K fans will be the ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Half or more of this board pissed and moaned about the gameday experience while we were good. While I didn’t find those issues to be that big of a deal, it’s different from firing and hiring a coach.

It’s logistically the easiest problem to fix compared to replacing a coach. Saving money for a buyout or a new coach by eliminating expenses is a short-term “solution” that may make some people feel better about saving costs, but long-term, it is a bad approach.

This! ... those same people would go back to "I'm not attending or donating until the gameday experience improves" once the on the court performance got better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  It wasn't half of the board, but there were many criticisms about surrounding issues.

1. Some prioritize craft beers, beer delivery, a nice bar, good food, half-time dancers maybe, a DJ, being seen by the in group, and other peripheral experiences, etc. etc. etc. while the basketball is secondary.
                  2. Others prioritize the basketball game, a well coached team, national respect, winning, a Top 50 Team, etc., and other ancillary issues are secondary.
                  3. Still others appreciate both, and are drawn to a more general experience.

Maybe both can be accomplished at the same time (winning is the most difficult to accomplish). I don't know what the current 5-6 K fans prioritize. However, imo, until both can be accomplished, 5-6 K fans will be the ceiling.
                  1 and 2 have almost zero bearing on each other is the point. Focusing on 1 wont fix 2 or hinder 2. Focusing on 2 wont fix or hinder 1.

Comment

1 and 2 have almost zero bearing on each other is the point. Focusing on 1 wont fix 2 or hinder 2. Focusing on 2 wont fix or hinder 1.
                    You're probably right, but it is an accurate depiction of people who attend games or think about attending games. Some who attend really don't care if we win or not. We don't all care about the same things. I find it humorous that some fans I talk to, who didn't like Marshall and wife because of their lack of morals (but still attended games at least part of the time), think that KU and Bill Self and family are perfectly fine examples of morality. They really aren't Shocker fans, and even when wealthy, they don't contribute to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You're probably right, but it is an accurate depiction of people who attend games or think about attending games. Some who attend really don't care if we win or not. We don't all care about the same things. I find it humorous that some fans I talk to, who didn't like Marshall and wife because of their lack of morals (but still attended games at least part of the time), think that KU and Bill Self and family are perfectly fine examples of morality. They really aren't Shocker fans, and even when wealthy, they don't contribute to WSU.
                      Totally agree.

I think there is a segment of the board here that no matter how much they talk here .. they will rarely attend a game (only when fashionable) and never donate to WSU. So gameday experience is irrelevant to them. They just want to watch a team from the couch that they can talk about the next day at work.

Comment

• I hate to admit it, but with age and various body parts, original and replaced, breaking down, I would GLADLY pay for the oversized golf cart to pick me up where I park and drop me off at the entrance closest to my seat. I know with each and every passing season, this is going to be a more difficult walk. And for the record, I'd give anything to go back in time and park at the football stadium, run to the ticket office and sprint up the stairs to F28. N. E. THING.

In fact, I'd bet a lot that if, say, the Cheer team wanted to raise funds for travel etc, that a couple of them working 2 golf carts for an hour before and after the game (4 total man hours) could easily clear $200-$400 in donations a game. Or say Armchair Strategies with volunteers to raise donations while they drive patrons around. Educate and donate. Or perhaps a way for some student athletes to actually get paid while doing something (I'm sure there's some kind of rule preventing that for WSU...while other schools advertise money bags).

Just thinking out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I hate to admit it, but with age and various body parts, original and replaced, breaking down, I would GLADLY pay for the oversized golf cart to pick me up where I park and drop me off at the entrance closest to my seat. I know with each and every passing season, this is going to be a more difficult walk. And for the record, I'd give anything to go back in time and park at the football stadium, run to the ticket office and sprint up the stairs to F28. N. E. THING.

In fact, I'd bet a lot that if, say, the Cheer team wanted to raise funds for travel etc, that a couple of them working 2 golf carts for an hour before and after the game (4 total man hours) could easily clear $200-$400 in donations a game. Or say Armchair Strategies with volunteers to raise donations while they drive patrons around. Educate and donate. Or perhaps a way for some student athletes to actually get paid while doing something (I'm sure there's some kind of rule preventing that for WSU...while other schools advertise money bags).

Just thinking out loud.
                          I like the way you think!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Is it some sort of AAC or WSU rule that we have to go through a metal detector? I've been to a couple of other college games this year and there is nothing like this. Does WSU have this set up for all games, all sports? This has got to cost a fortune and I doubt it much of a deterrent to anyone committed to doing someone harm. I go thru and every time get "wanded" because of my artificial knee. Doesn't exactly put me in a good mood speaking of game day experiences. Perhaps WSU could create some sort of "Global Entry" program in order to skip the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                              Is it some sort of AAC or WSU rule that we have to go through a metal detector? I've been to a couple of other college games this year and there is nothing like this. Does WSU have this set up for all games, all sports? This has got to cost a fortune and I doubt it much of a deterrent to anyone committed to doing someone harm. I go thru and every time get "wanded" because of my artificial knee. Doesn't exactly put me in a good mood speaking of game day experiences. Perhaps WSU could create some sort of "Global Entry" program in order to skip the line.
                              It has to do with the gun laws in Kansas. They can't prohibit the carrying of them unless they take steps to assure the safety of the people attending.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                Half or more of this board pissed and moaned about the gameday experience while we were good. While I didn’t find those issues to be that big of a deal, it’s different from firing and hiring a coach.

Win and people will come, which makes money to buy the extras.
                                keep losing and throw your money at glitter and people won't be there anyway.

It's like KFC replacing chicken with tofu, but adding nicer seating.

Comment

Working...
                                X