Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top 20 talent level of the NCAA isn’t even close to the NFL talent level if you know what you’re watching. Obviously Cold knows nothing about top level football players. It’s really not close.

Comment

• Oh, boy! What could be more exciting than a pi$$ing match between Cold and Stick?
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Have you hit your head recently?
        Just point out the parts you don't understand. I'll be happy to expound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          The top 20 talent level of the NCAA isn’t even close to the NFL talent level if you know what you’re watching. Obviously Cold knows nothing about top level football players. It’s really not close.
          You aren't listening closely enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Oh, boy! What could be more exciting than a pi$$ing match between Cold and Stick?
            Nothing of the sort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Oh, boy! What could be more exciting than a pi$$ing match between Cold and Stick?
              Another wall of text from you outlining your opposition to WSU football, saying almost the exact same thing you said in a post on the prior page or thread. I do believe it might be as much as 30% of your total posts on SN.
              Last edited by SHOCKvalue; August 28, 2023, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You aren't listening closely enough.
                Stop being stupid. You said they compete for viewership, but not for people who know what they’re watching. The average isn’t even close. Maybe he NCAA championship competes with an NFL game, but the P4 or P5 (whatever you want to call it) doesn’t compare with the NFL in viewership and again, its not close.

Comment

• Just curious what makes SMU all that attractive as an add. I’m guessing it’s just their location.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    Just curious what makes SMU all that attractive as an add. I’m guessing it’s just their location.
                    Location and academics.

They've had some decent teams and rich alumni so there may be the thought that they could become more?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Ok this whole thing was already absurd and now it just reached another level lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Stop being stupid. You said they compete for viewership, but not for people who know what they’re watching. The average isn’t even close. Maybe he NCAA championship competes with an NFL game, but the P4 or P5 (whatever you want to call it) doesn’t compare with the NFL in viewership and again, its not close.
                        Dude. I'm talking about the future. If multi-million dollar contracts become the norm at the power colleges, the quality at the highest level WILL get diluted. What's stopping Alabama from paying $5M for a quarterback? $10M?

If the NCAA truly goes away, it's Katie bar the door. It will be whatever a school can afford. And the alumni base at Ohio State, Alabama, whatever can afford anything.

Comment

• Really, what I think Cold is saying is we just need the money to build a state of the art stadium, restart the program with state of the art equipment and have left over money to pay all players at WSU $2-10M/yr.

We could get the best players in the country and they would stay 5 years assuring us of being in the National Championship game each year, get us an invite to the SEC and the television money that comes from that. After that all we have to do is include the 10% pro payback to the program when they move to the NFL.

Comment

• The day that DSB makes a post that doesn't drop at least 1 SEC reference will be the first.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              The day that DSB makes a post that doesn't drop at least 1 SEC reference will be the first.
                              The combined hubris of DSB, ShockRef and rjl could power a reasonably-sized city much in the same capacity as a small nuclear reactor.

Comment

• See ya later SMU. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X