Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      We work on soldiers thru the day,
      and nurses thru the night.

Comment

• No mention of a Olympics sports partner?
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          No mention of a Olympics sports partner?
          Not a high priority. And it only works if there's one that's worthy and wants in. I'd say the three favorites for such a spot feel good where they are.

VCU is in a good conference that's pretty tight for the most part. Don't make a ton off of media rights, but may simply object to higher travel costs to play most of their games much further from home.

Dayton may be the best shot at pulling someone, but I think they're also pretty happy in the A16 and have desires of getting into the Big East when they finally expand. They have a Xavier hurdle but may feel that their chances are still pretty good.

Saint Louis would be the other possibility, but they're a leading candidate to get into the Big East if/when they expand.

A lot of people expect the Big East to expand in a few years. So why join the AAC and then pay $10M or so to get out in a couple of years?

I'd say if the AAC does eventually add a non-football member to offset Army, it'll have to wait until the Big East makes its move. If Dayton gets left out, maybe they jump then. Does the A16 fade enough without a couple of schools that may join the BE and VCU then decides it makes sense? Maybe.

But is there anyone outside of those three that would make sense at all?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            No mention of a Olympics sports partner?
            As sub mentioned .. not as high of priority. I would expect them to start looking after Army officially signs. Then they can use the 30% cut like WSU as a carrot for a school.

Of the VCU/Dayton/Saint Louis combo, VCU is the most likely. It's in the footprint and like WSU has minimal chance of a Big East invite. Dayton and Saint Louis are both private catholic schools, where as VCU is public. The only Public school in the Big East is UCONN. VCU doesn't have 5 nattys to their name like UCONN.

I think there is a good shot if we make a run at VCU that we can make it work. The A10 hasn't been good recently and we can offer them a decent pay bump along with some additional markets (Texas)

Comment

• VCU would be a great add for basketball - and is the A10 team that would make the most sense (R1 institution, large market, public school in urban setting). High-floor program that contends for NCAAT bids nearly every season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                Kind of depressing.

Comment

• Eh. I mean, that sounds nice. But I see them doing it as an enrollment booster, not with any intention of winning. Our fanbase doesn’t have the appetite to endure a decade of 2-10 type seasons.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Eh. I mean, that sounds nice. But I see them doing it as an enrollment booster, not with any intention of winning. Our fanbase doesn’t have the appetite to endure a decade of 2-10 type seasons.
                    Chicago State is used to only winning two games a year thanks to basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                      That’s unpossible. Would require $2B, a blessing by a shaman, a new stadium with the hope diamond at all four corners, and the coaching hires all coming through a full season of America’s Got Talent unscathed. Unless you have the $2B yourself you should really just shut up and stop beating off the horse.

Just repeating what I’ve been told, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

That’s unpossible. Would require $2B, a blessing by a shaman, a new stadium with the hope diamond at all four corners, and the coaching hires all coming through a full season of America’s Got Talent unscathed. Unless you have the $2B yourself you should really just shut up and stop beating off the horse.

Just repeating what I’ve been told, I think.
                        I’d be interested to see what it cost Kennesaw State to start and maintain a team. They join D1 in 2024 after starting a team in 2015 and have a stadium that only seats around 10,000. I think if you’re going to start a team, you follow that blueprint. Build a small stadium to start but design it to add several phases over multiple decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I’d be interested to see what it cost Kennesaw State to start and maintain a team. They join D1 in 2024 after starting a team in 2015 and have a stadium that only seats around 10,000. I think if you’re going to start a team, you follow that blueprint. Build a small stadium to start but design it to add several phases over multiple decades.
                          Charlotte also provides a good model for the multi-step approach to football.

Comment

• From a context of "What's best for WSU", this seems like a good thing. We would never get an invite to the B12 because of KU/KSU. Gonzaga would never consider the AAC (nor should they). So this takes best available non-football off the board. WSU is in contention for next best, so if one of the other power conference or Big East are looking for a non-football add, we will be at the top of the list of available teams now

Comment

• Crazy to think the BXII was almost dead in the water twice and came out smelling like roses both times.
                              The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X