Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's most likely just me...but if the Pac-10 is trying to rebuild with new members and sell the brand name (Pac10) with new schools out of the region...why is it so difficult for them to simply use the American Conference name and rebrand themselves using the American Conference name. Is it simply because the west coast is so far liberal left that by associating themselves with the America name would go against their beliefs? Are they that unpatriotic? Would there be riots in Berkeley? I mean the American name is cool....but again it's probably just me that thinks that.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      I just don't know how you can be proactive when we are at the mercy of everyone else. Unless he is making calls to the Big East, etc.
      i'm assuming he's in constant contact with Aresco and probably also what you mentioned as far as reaching out to other conferences to get some feeling of how open they might be in certain situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        It's most likely just me...but if the Pac-10 is trying to rebuild with new members and sell the brand name (Pac10) with new schools out of the region...why is it so difficult for them to simply use the American Conference name and rebrand themselves using the American Conference name. Is it simply because the west coast is so far liberal left that by associating themselves with the America name would go against their beliefs? Are they that unpatriotic? Would there be riots in Berkeley? I mean the American name is cool....but again it's probably just me that thinks that.
        Don't make it political when its not.

The PAC legal entity has a lot more money incoming than the American legal entity. (CFP and NCAA distributions)

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          It's most likely just me...but if the Pac-10 is trying to rebuild with new members and sell the brand name (Pac10) with new schools out of the region...why is it so difficult for them to simply use the American Conference name and rebrand themselves using the American Conference name. Is it simply because the west coast is so far liberal left that by associating themselves with the America name would go against their beliefs? Are they that unpatriotic? Would there be riots in Berkeley? I mean the American name is cool....but again it's probably just me that thinks that.
          Just from a brand perspective, PAC10/12 still has a lot more recognition/value vs. the American.

Comment

Just from a brand perspective, PAC10/12 still has a lot more recognition/value vs. the American.
            Which is why you merge, change the name to Pan American Conference and you can still run with and sell the PAC brand/name.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The PAC as it used to be yes. Not the 4 team leftovers that nobody wanted PAC of today.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Which is why you merge, change the name to Pan American Conference and you can still run with and sell the PAC brand/name.
                Clever.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It's pretty wild that we keep hearing all of this speculation about how things are happening, but there have been almost no board of regents meetings for the affected schools.

Comment

So what teams from Canada, Mexico, Central America and South America should be invited to join this Pan American Conference?

Comment

• Peep school #2 on the first chart

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Peep school #2 on the first chart
                        Just don't look at 3 of the other 4 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Just don't look at 3 of the other 4 lol
                          Your attention wasn't supposed to be diverted to anything beyond the first chart...

I think TV viewership is negatively impacted by 1) not having football and 2) having so many MBB on ESPN+ last season

If you put all 14 AAC basketball teams on the ESPN mothership I'd imagine WSU is drawing some of the better viewership numbers in the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

So what teams from Canada, Mexico, Central America and South America should be invited to join this Pan American Conference?
                            No need.

The Big 10 doesn't have 10.
                            The Big 12 won't have 12.
                            The Southwestern Athletic Conference has teams in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida.
                            The Big East is in Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
                            The Atlantic 10 has more than 10 and schools in Illinois and Ohio.
                            The Atlantic Coast has a school in Kentucky and Indiana.

Pan comes from the Greek which encompasses all, every, whole or all-inclusive. Just because the term pan-american has generally included the Americas as a whole, it can work on the smaller level of just America, which it would be in this case. A conference that includes the whole of America (United States). Going coast to coast would work.

We'd be talking about 13 states and possibly getting to 15 should the add one or both Colorado schools and one of UNLV, Nevada, Utah State, or Boise.

All things considered, I think it would work.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Why not American Pac?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Why not American Pac?
                                Because Pan American Conference just works.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X