Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Signman View Post

Your glass is not half empty but always empty.
    I'm afraid your plan would break all the glasses, lol.

Comment

• I hate that we (WSU) have no say in any of this, and no reasonable alternatives, unless the Big East were to throw us a lifeline.[/QUOTE]

I was reading into what Big East beat writers were having to say about all this last year and they literally said “The Big East wants KU”… KU in the meanwhile would never consciously agree to go to the Big East unless the Big 12 collapsed due to a $45 million dollar per year pay difference.
      It’s not that the Big East doesn’t want to be competitive, asking them to add WSU though is like a priest inviting a aerospace engineer to a party. Unless the priest knows the aerospace engineer can turn his house next to the church into a mansion, he’s not inviting the aerospace engineer anywhere
      Last edited by bleed yellow; August 24, 2023, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• We are relevant in the AAC, but definitely took a turn for the worse the last two years. I couldn't remember how we finished in the AAC, so here it is:

2018 - 2nd
        2019 - 6th
        2020 - 4th
        2021 - 1st
        2022 - 7th
        2023 - 6th

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
          We are relevant in the AAC, but definitely took a turn for the worse the last two years. I couldn't remember how we finished in the AAC, so here it is:

2018 - 2nd
          2019 - 6th
          2020 - 4th
          2021 - 1st
          2022 - 7th
          2023 - 6th
          This is the most depressing thing I’ve seen in weeks.

Comment

• Comment

• Aresco + ESPN should have four packages with the first one being extraordinarily big, the second one being really good, the third one being so-so and the last one being a turd. Then tell all four schools they will get the package based on their signing order. First one to sign gets the monster, and so on. We'd get two schools. No idea which two and don't care.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Honestly SMU leaving with Stanford/Cal is the best case for us. At least this way the AAC won't split off most the teams to join the PAC. I wonder too if the fact that the Pac is now dead that CSU, Boise State etc might be more interested in the AAC. Feels like before they had the pipe dream of sneaking into the Pac like Utah but now they don't have anything more worth it than the MWC or AAC and the AAC just has a stronger brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post

Your glass is not half empty but always empty.
                  Uh, dude, I'm predicting a top-4 finish in the AAC this year.

If WSU still had football and was campaigning to get into the Sun Belt, that is a "Glass is absolutely full" attitude. Other than the Prince McJunkins years and a few with Henry Schictle, WSU football was AWFUL.

Last edited by Aargh; August 25, 2023, 10:43 AM.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I don't love that Aresco is meeting with OSU/WSU over Zoom whereas Nevarez is meeting with them in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                      I don't love that Aresco is meeting with OSU/WSU over Zoom whereas Nevarez is meeting with them in person.
                      I don't think that's going to matter. Those two schools will be taking quite the pay cut either way and I still believe only one conference really makes sense for them at this point.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

This is the most depressing thing I’ve seen in weeks.
                        It is depressing but 2018-2021 resulted in 2 NCAA’s and 2 NIT’s if 2020 wasn’t cut short. Granted 2021 was a joke of a season and NCAA birth.

Really it’s just the last two seasons that have been absolute dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't think that's going to matter. Those two schools will be taking quite the pay cut either way and I still believe only one conference really makes sense for them at this point.
                          The only way it works is if Aresco pitches them on adding top MWC teams when their buyout expires.

Comment

• At this point, the writing is on the wall. The ACC is going to lose it's top talent in 2035 when their GOR expires.This isn't speculation, it's going to happen and could happen as soon as 2030. The speculation part is who goes and who stays.. Best case for us is they totally implode a la the PAC and the AAC picks up the scraps. The most likely scenario is they lose some combination of Clemson, FSU, UVA, and UNC and then reload with Temple, Memphis, USF, and Tulane. At that point we have to hope some combination of Tulsa, UTSA, UNT, TX State, and the Shox get invited to the the MWC. Not having football could put us at a major disadvantage potentially sending us back to the Valley.

Whatever the case may be, Mens Basketball has to get back to an elite level and quickly before then. In addition, any athletic facility enhancements on the books must be largely completed as we will be under a microscope (Wilkins, Phase VI at Eck, Suites at Koch, etc.) Lastly, and most importantly, our financial house must be in order as it's going to cost mega bucks to get out of the AAC and into whatever conference we land in. After realignment is done, the line between the Power conferences and have nots will be very distinct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Uh, dude, I'm predicting a top-4 finish in the AAC this year.

If WSU still had football and was campaigning to get into the Sun Belt, that is a "Glass is absolutely full" attitude. Other than the Prince McJunkins years and a few with Henry Schictle, WSU football was AWFUL.
                              I've always assumed that on the day you were born your mom handed you an OU football. Now that Lew Perkins is dead, there can't be a sole on Earth that hates the idea of WSU football more than you. It's honestly impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

I've always assumed that on the day you were born your mom handed you an OU football. Now that Lew Perkins is dead, there can't be a sole on Earth that hates the idea of WSU football more than you. It's honestly impressive.
                                Could be a flounder or two, maybe a turbot or halibut.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X