No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy how things have developed this year. First it was Cle, all american. Then it was Cle and Ron, future NBA picks. Now it's Fred, all american. We've got some serious talent on this team.

Comment

• You know, I was watching Fred last night and on at least two or three occasions he did things that to me appeared to be out of character for Fred. I had an uneasy feeling all game that I could not explain.

Then after the game I saw his stat line and it became clear.

28 minutes, 22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 Turnover

HE ONLY HAD A 3:1 TURNOVER TO ASSIST RATIO!!!! ONLY 3 to 1....

Talk about a player exceeding and then further inflating our expectations.... Mere mortals would kill for a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio...

He is not human...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Yes Fred had an off night. He had a turnover. With a good week of practice I think he will recover

Comment

• Here's my 2 cents. At first everyone was concentrating on Early. Fred fed Baker, and suddenly Baker was an NBA prospect. A lot of media and other observers were speculating that Ron was possibly the best player on the team.

Then Ron tweaked his ankle, so Fred fed Early again, and Early's stats went through the roof. So teams started focusing on shutting Early down again. With Baker still hobbling, who does Fred go to now? He goes to Fred. Fred is one of those players who makes the players around him look better.

The man simply finds a way. If there isn't a way - he makes a way.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Here's my 2 cents. At first everyone was concentrating on Early. Fred fed Baker, and suddenly Baker was an NBA prospect. A lot of media and other observers were speculating that Ron was possibly the best player on the team.

Then Ron tweaked his ankle, so Fred fed Early again, and Early's stats went through the roof. So teams started focusing on shutting Early down again. With Baker still hobbling, who does Fred go to now? He goes to Fred. Fred is one of those players who makes the players around him look better.

The man simply finds a way. If there isn't a way - he makes a way.

THIS IS A GREAT POST!!!

Comment

• SB*Nation - "Fred VanVleet breaking out as part of undefeated Wichita State team"

A candidate for Most Improved Player, the sophomore guard is running the point this season for the undefeated Shockers

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                SB*Nation - "Fred VanVleet breaking out as part of undefeated Wichita State team"

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...-wichita-state
                Marshall makes them practice in weighted vest? Haven't heard that before
                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• The one who had been telling everyone about Fred was me. He's my cousin and yes I'm an Indiana state grad so this upcoming game has me torn. I basically quit commenting on message boards because I got tired of all the complaining and unrealistic views of the fans regarding their teams. The one poster from Rockford is right though, Rockford is incredibly proud of friend and so is his family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kevin View Post
                    The one who had been telling everyone about Fred was me. He's my cousin and yes I'm an Indiana state grad so this upcoming game has me torn. I basically quit commenting on message boards because I got tired of all the complaining and unrealistic views of the fans regarding their teams. The one poster from Rockford is right though, Rockford is incredibly proud of friend and so is his family.
                    Choose us Mr Kevin!!! It's the right thing to do. Blood is thicker than... sap?

Enjoy Fresh Van Vleet with us the next few years. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      Choose us Mr Kevin!!! It's the right thing to do. Blood is thicker than... sap?

Enjoy Fresh Van Vleet with us the next few years. :)
                      Lol...it's tough...I bleed blue but Fred is family. Basically win/win for me but ISU needs this game to help a possible at large bid. WSU will be in no problem. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy a great game on my birthday tomorrow. Wishing that it was closet to home so I could go though.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        SB*Nation - "Fred VanVleet breaking out as part of undefeated Wichita State team"

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...-wichita-state
                        Did you read another article in this SBNation, about 8 teams that can win it all?
                        Of course, FVV is a big part of it
                        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                          Did you read another article in this SBNation, about 8 teams that can win it all?
                          Of course, FVV is a big part of it
                          This week's trip around the college hoops world covers dancing Rick Ray, the rise of DePaul and what a person from the 18th century would think about the Zooperstars.

WSU #6 on Team's that can win it all. The Mid-Season All-America team lists FVV on the third team.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/16/53...basketbal-2014

WSU #6 on Team's that can win it all. The Mid-Season All-America team lists FVV on the third team.
                            Fred and Andrew on same Third team (who'd have predicted THAT?)
                            THIRD TEAM Tyler Ennis, Syracuse
                            Russ Smith, Louisville
                            Casey Prather, Florida
                            Andrew Wiggins, Kansas
                            Fred VanVleet, Wichita State
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/16/53...basketbal-2014

I like the author's Elite Eights. To win the NC, you have to beat 3 teams on his list. Very tough this year!
                              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kevin View Post
                                Lol...it's tough...I bleed blue but Fred is family. Basically win/win for me but ISU needs this game to help a possible at large bid. WSU will be in no problem. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy a great game on my birthday tomorrow. Wishing that it was closet to home so I could go though.
                                Hey me too! Happy Birthday.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X