No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That probably played a part in it Ricky, but I believe he may have also had the lowest FT% on the court as well.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      That probably played a part in it Ricky, but I believe he may have also had the lowest FT% on the court as well.
      Thanks, you are right. I failed to include the word, "probably", in my remark to SeƱora Teresa. Certainly free throw percentage was a consideration and perhaps it was the main consideration.

While I have not checked, I believe Kennedy said VV's free throw percentage had improved quite a bit in conference play.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• The Zags fouled FVV because the Shox inbounded the ball to him. I think the Shox inbounded the ball to him because of a combination of his ability to handle the pass and maintain possession and their confidence in his knocking down the throws.

Marshall is pretty strong on "it's who finishes - not who starts". Not only was FVV on the court at the end of the game, the Shox were going to him at crunch time. Marshall's confidence in FVV is pretty obvious. That helps FVV's confidence and confidence is what's needed in those situations.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          Thanks, you are right. I failed to include the word, "probably", in my remark to SeƱora Teresa. Certainly free throw percentage was a consideration and perhaps it was the main consideration.

While I have not checked, I believe Kennedy said VV's free throw percentage had improved quite a bit in conference play.
          He's been much better. I don't think the Zags looked at how he's done the last x amount of games. They see a freshman with a below average FT% and had the guy they wanted to foul. I knew he was better than what his % had shown this year. He and Baker both came up big. What a future we have with those two and Wessel.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Good analogy Aargh, also good articles about Fred. We are just seeing the tip of the iceberg though, he is a clutch player, and you just can't keep a good man down!

Comment

• I always thought by the '14-'15 season Fred will be half of the best back court in the nation and by '15-'16 season all the Country will recognize that as fact. Thanks to last week, all the nation will realize it in the '14-'15 season.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Non-conference games, prior to NCAA 9 of 15 FT (60%)
                Conference games 8 of 11 (72.3%)

NCAA 6 of 7 (85.7%)
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• My favorite part of the game yesterday was FVV's sick cross over at the end of the game. Check out the game with 5:15 remaining in the second half if you want to see it again The defender falls right on his back. It was funny to hear the announcers during the game mentioning the street ball style of Philly players. It brought great joy to me when our own freshman point guard broke the defender's ankles.

Comment

• I like the possession where we swatted about 4 shots in a row.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• FVV VIDEO AFTER BIG WIN

IDK.. If anybody already posted this, but I thought this is a very nice video interview with Fred... http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9116965

Comment

• fvv will have his hands full with the louisville press, though. he can't throw those high, looping, slow passes, like he does every now and again. whipping, short passes, is what this game will require from him.

Comment

• Here are some of his tournament stats in four games as follows:
                          Minutes - 76
                          FG% - 40%
                          3FG% - 44.4%
                          FT% - 90.0%
                          Assists - 8
                          Turnovers - 2
                          Assist/Turnover Ratio - 4.0
                          Personal Fouls - 6
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• So, we probably wont be rolling the ball across the half court line in this game.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              fvv will have his hands full with the louisville press, though. he can't throw those high, looping, slow passes, like he does every now and again. whipping, short passes, is what this game will require from him.
                              Against VCU, FVV had 1 assist and 3 turnovers, but was a +14.2 plus/minus in a 2-pt game.
                              Against So. Miss. he had 2 assists and 5 turnovers and was -26.8 in an 8-pt game.
                              At Bradley, he was 2 assist, 1 turnover and 0.0 in a 6-pt game.
                              Bradley at Wichita, he had 5 assists, 1 turnover and +32.3 in a 34-pt win.
                              In the 4 NCAA games, he has 8 assists,2 turnovers with +18.3 (18-pt win); +10.1 (6-pt win); +2.2 (14-pt win); and +3.3 (4-pt win)

I selected these regular season games because at the time we played Bradley, these three teams were 1, 2 & 3 in the nation in steals, which I equate somewhat to a tough defense.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                fvv will have his hands full with the louisville press, though. he can't throw those high, looping, slow passes, like he does every now and again. whipping, short passes, is what this game will require from him.
                                You are right... Also, breaking the cards press will require everybody to step up and make plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X