Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Forget it. He can't drive the lane. I have it on good authority.
    @HockeyShock: and I both were saying that after every basket he made. "But he can't drive the lane" at least according to one media toolbag. Maybe he should review some recent games...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• FVV's last 4 games:

FG% .568 (21-37), 3% .375 (6-16), FT% .933 (14-15), PPG 15.5, RPG 4.0, SPG 1.75, APG 5.25, AND 1 TO. :excitement: :applause:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Forget it. He can't drive the lane. I have it on good authority.

Comment

• Commentary Bob Lutz: VanVleet keeps foot on pedal for Shockers

"A point guard not turning over the basketball is like a pitcher hurling a shutout. And VanVleet has six shutouts this season"
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Clark Kellogg:

@PacerCK: Point guard Fred Van Vleet was OldSkoolCool in the Shockers win over Northern Iowa today. Plays as fast as he needs to.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• where are you, mclovin(?) ?

Comment

• Fred plays with scruples, still diving for lose balls when the game has been decided, and making sure his teammates get the rock in places that help them score and defends on the other end to the max. without too much fouling. Here is even better news. He is only a Soph. I thought today was his best game here so far but understand there will be even better games to follow.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  where are you, mclovin(?) ?
                  Good question!
                  I checked his posts. The last one was after the Final Four.
                  FVV did well during the NCAA, but I think he's doing much better this season, being only a Sophomore.
                  Amazing! And Thanks God!
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    http://www.kansas.com/2014/01/05/321...s-foot-on.html

Commentary Bob Lutz: VanVleet keeps foot on pedal for Shockers

"A point guard not turning over the basketball is like a pitcher hurling a shutout. And VanVleet has six shutouts this season"
                    This came through loud and clear on the tv broadcast: "VanVleet scored 22 points and had a couple of moments in the second half when he and the sellout crowd needed to get a room, such was the mutual love.
                    After one of his patented drives to the basket resulted in a twisting, turning shot and accompanying foul, the infatuation spilled over."

Comment

• A brilliant player. I think he's the best PG in the nation. This team is really, really, really good. Fasten your seatbelts Wichita.

Comment

• FVV got some more love on Sports Center tonight. The guy even said he loved doing Shocker highlights because he loves saying Van Vleet and Cleanthony Early.

Comment

• He is good, but is he Jake Odum good? :)

Comment

• He may be a star, but his mom is still giving motherly advice via twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockingwheat View Post
                              He may be a star, but his mom is still giving motherly advice via twitter.

https://twitter.com/wheatweet/status...103872/photo/1
                              Fake stars= too cool to listen to mom, Real stars = grounded enough to know how they got here, FVV = real star
                              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X