No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDK, this all seems to be taking a GodShawGod type turn.

Comment

..............do you mean stooopid?..........

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        ..............do you mean stooopid?..........
        Hey! I resemble that.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          I assume you're talking character and not career. In that case I agree.
          I'd be happy if FVV ended up with a career similar to Braeuer's. It appears FVV has the potential to surpass Baeuer's career at WSU, but Matt did a pretty fair job in D1 - including a S16. FVV has potential. Braeuer has a proven career.

I'm high on FVV, but until we see him in action against D1 defenses and see how he defends at this level, well... I see a recruit with a lot of potential and possibly a very high upside.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

FVV has been incredible at the High School level and will be quite an asset for us. I don't want to expect too much too early, but I believe he will see plenty of minutes and some starts from jump-street.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              FVV has been incredible at the High School level and will be quite an asset for us. I don't want to expect too much too early, but I believe he will see plenty of minutes and some starts from jump-street.
              It could be about time for another Wichita State All-American, first or second team. We'll see how it develops. But I would like to see WSU get some front-line size (along with the nonpareil FVV out front). Baylor, who was serviceable on the front-line, all year long, actually upper level even, meant nothing against Kentucky. Wichita State needs some bigs, really bigs, if they want to do what it takes next year.
              Last edited by another shocker; March 25, 2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Mr Basketball Illinois

Well... FVV did not win the Mr Basketball award, but the guy who won is very very very good! Fred finished 4th or 5th in the voting. I will post the complete voting breakdown as soon as it is released... http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...atewide-voting

Comment

I like being called a Diamond in the Rough.

That's what we are.

The MVC's Diamond.

Suck it everyone else in the MVC.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I'd be happy if FVV ended up with a career similar to Braeuer's. It appears FVV has the potential to surpass Baeuer's career at WSU, but Matt did a pretty fair job in D1 - including a S16.
                    Sorry, but Matt sits behind Clevin, Ragland and probably DWill. He got the most out of his skills, no doubt. I have higher hopes for FVV. A player with this level of hype contributing at the Brauer level would be a disappointment.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Behind DWill? Matt accomplished a hell of a lot more than he has. I have no problem with you putting him behind the other two, but DWill has only one thing on Matt and that's potential.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Behind DWill? Matt accomplished a hell of a lot more than he has. I have no problem with you putting him behind the other two, but DWill has only one thing on Matt and that's potential.
                        Most fans confuse talent=success/wins. MB had heart. Give me 5 of those guys anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                          Most fans confuse talent=success/wins. MB had heart. Give me 5 of those guys anytime.
                          There are alot of "heart" guys in sports that don't accomplish squat. Why? Because they either don't possess great talent themselves, or the talent around them is less than desired. Heart is fine, but talent has to be somewhere in the area code.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                            Made it pretty clear that Matt got the most of his talent. You take your "All-heart Team" and i'll take my all talent team, we roll the balls out and see who wins. Also, Matt's accomplishments are definitely bigger than DWill. That doesn't mean he doesn't play behind DWill if you could line them up on the same squad.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              There are alot of "heart" guys in sports that don't accomplish squat. Why? Because they either don't possess great talent themselves, or the talent around them is less than desired. Heart is fine, but talent has to be somewhere in the area code.
                              Butler 2010 2011 Not "great talent".

Comment

I'm sorry, but if I have to pick between a SR to be DWill and a SR to be Braeuer, I'm taking Matt. He was a leader, a smart player, a coach on the floor and a playmaker. I love what DWill could bring, but Matt showed it.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X