• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Against the B1G DPoY in 24 minutes:

12 points (4/8 FG, 1/3 3-pt.), 3/3 FT
    3 boards, 2 assists, 1 TO, 2 steals

The TO was a charge call that could have gone the other way. Apparently the PG's in the B1G didn't do that well against Craft or Craft would not have been the DPoY in the B1G.
    Absolutely, The defender made contact well before Fred extended his arm to separate. That had been a foul on the defender many times previously throughout the game.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• is this real???

Fred VanVleet‏@FredVanVleet31mRIP DAD..damn you suppose to be here right now

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtsodo View Post
        is this real???

Fred's dad was shot when he was 5 years old.
        Professional gas passer.

Comment

• please excuse my ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
            Fred's dad was shot when he was 5 years old.
            You might want to make your post clearer. Otherwise, people are going to start wondering how Fred could have even been born if his dad was only 5 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtsodo View Post
              is this real???

He was indeed, Fred. Prayers and good wishes.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Very old thread. But ...
                Is it time to crown him yet?
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• We may as well beat the rest of the basketball world to doing it. Top 5 in the nation in A/TO ratio. ~50% from 3. Somehow makes defenders disappear when he drives the lane. He made some bunnies where there was no apparent way to get within 8' of the basket. Oh, and he plays a little D and rebounds, too.

Too bad he's not quick enough to be an effective D1 PG.

Crown him!
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I just listened to Mike Kennedy interview FVV on the post game show and had to remind myself that he is just a soph. I can't remember a more polished interviwee in my 50+ years of Shocker postgames. When his NBA career is over I can easily see him as a coach. And we still get to watch him for 2 1/2 more seasons.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      We may as well beat the rest of the basketball world to doing it. Top 5 in the nation in A/TO ratio. ~50% from 3. Somehow makes defenders disappear when he drives the lane. He made some bunnies where there was no apparent way to get within 8' of the basket. Oh, and he plays a little D and rebounds, too.

Too bad he's not quick enough to be an effective D1 PG.

Crown him!
                      This...well said--and much deserved.

Comment

• I would say that FVV and Aaron Craft are the 2 best PG's in the country. Fred has the maturity of a senior, and plays like it.

There were only 7 teams undefeated this season, is that still the case, or is it fewer now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                          I just listened to Mike Kennedy interview FVV on the post game show and had to remind myself that he is just a soph. I can't remember a more polished interviwee in my 50+ years of Shocker postgames. When his NBA career is over I can easily see him as a coach. And we still get to watch him for 2 1/2 more seasons.
                          He's a coach on the floor--and it's like listening to a coach giving an interview with how much you can learn.

Oh, I'm listening to the interview on tape delay and Dave Dahl made my exact point just as I hit enter.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• I want a pic of him under the basket flexing his guns. With a huge grin. I loved that so much at the end of the game.

Comment

• FWW is truly amazing. Adding Cle, Baker, and Cotton to the mix, we have 4 really outstanding players, a trio of centers, who combined, fill very good supporting back-up, and Wiggins is starting to come on.

Eight, I guess is enough, but just where is this great depth this team is supposed to have?

We are about half-way through the season and it sure would be nice to see some reserves start to step up and be counted.

Comment

• Forget it. He can't drive the lane. I have it on good authority.

Comment

Working...
                                X