No announcement yet.

The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans wanted accountability, they got it. In the last couple weeks there has been an NIL collective established and an unpopular AD fired. Now it's time for the fans to step up and support these programs. I'm not in the position to donate to SASO/season tickets, but I will be signing up for a monthly donation to the collective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

To make it a fair comparison .. if during her interim tag she lands a 500 million dollar investment from local businesses to fund football or something else we have never done (like winning the AAC) .. then probably. To make it an even fairer comparison .. that 500 million dollar investment might have been put in some rich person's will and they died so she did very little to land it but gets all the credit lol.
      It's time Chase and Chuck...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I would hope that Jim Schaus would be asked for a recommendation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
          I would hope that Jim Schaus would be asked for a recommendation.
          I would hope that more than Schaus would be reached out to, but as The SoCon Conference Commissioner, a recent NCAA Committee member, and also someone who knows WIchita as much as anyone, he would be a good person of influence to ask, and know a lot of Athletic Directors who may be a good fit.

Comment

• Please don't involve Fast Eddie's services

Comment

• Some names:
              1. Sandy Barbour, recently retired from Penn State. Led fourth largest athletics program in country, won 6 NCAA championships in 7 years, multitude of AD awards.
              2. Bob Driscoll, recently retired from Providence. 47 years in college athletics, multiple time AD of the year, experience with a college that lacked football
              3. Joel Nielsen, recently left Kent State. 5 time award for best athletics department in conference. Brought football to first bowl win, men's basketball back to NCAA tournament, baseball to CWS.
              4. Steve Potts, still at Pepperdine. 6 times in last decade awarded for top 3 among non-football program.
              5. David Harris, still at UNI. Matched WSU's all-sports record after WSU left the conference.
              6. Joe Karlgaard, still at Rice. Past chair of NCAA Division I Baseball Committee, led conference in program championships over tenure.
              7. Todd Stewart, still at WKU. Rated second-best non-Power Five AD by the national media outlet Stadium. 16 NCAA Tournament appearances by Volleyball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Softball.

Comment

• Why would someone in the business for 47 years and retired with no affiliation to WSU be interested? I'd guess the vast majority of retirees either are not interested in unretiring or no longer possess the fire and determination that you're looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Why would someone in the business for 47 years and retired with no affiliation to WSU be interested? I'd guess the vast majority of retirees either are not interested in unretiring or no longer possess the fire and determination that you're looking for.
                  A combination of new challenges, a more complete control of the reins, and $$$. That's the package you bring to any of them: Wichita State needs someone to make an awful lot of decisions in the next five years, the AD will be the absolute boss moving the program forward, and we are willing to pay appropriately. To be fair, Driscoll is likely well out of what we want to pay. Boatright made $275k, Driscoll $657k.

For comparison, Todd Stewart is only making $195k.

Comment

Why would someone in the business for 47 years and retired with no affiliation to WSU be interested? I'd guess the vast majority of retirees either are not interested in unretiring or no longer possess the fire and determination that you're looking for.
                    Agreed. That makes no sense.

Comment

• First person Muma should talk to is Danny Ainge. He has the pulse...

Comment

• We need beach volleyball.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          We need beach volleyball.

Comment

• Too much silly soccer talk. With the problems we face I don't think adding anything new is feasible...but if it was I'd much rather have hockey or wrestling.

Comment

Too much silly soccer talk. With the problems we face I don't think adding anything new is feasible...but if it was I'd much rather have hockey or wrestling.
                              I could get behind hockey. Soccer would still make the most sense. It's cheaper as a whole and growing in popularity. We have a lot of female talent in the state to draw from as well.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                We need beach volleyball.
                                Easy add, but figure on 90% of your matches being away due to climate.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X