The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Easy add, but figure on 90% of your matches being away due to climate.
    Your kidding. My son played in all kinds of weather. The ball hurts in the cold weather but if there is a artificial service even rain (no lightning) they can play

Comment

• To get any fundraising power behind a tearing down and rebuilding of Cessna Stadium, you have to introduce one of two things-a football team (which won’t happen) or mens and women’s soccer. That stadium must come down as it detracts from the great buildings around the rest of the campus, which is why someone other than the AD will end up paying for the demolition. The entire time that is happening funding for a new one could be complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Agreed. That makes no sense.
        He too busy enjoying his time in Salt Lake City lol
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Showing my ignorance here, but does beach volleyball have to be played outdoors? If not, I would think that some arrangement could be made with Wichita Sports Forum, which has sand pits.

I mean, there are early-season tennis matches that take place at Genesis or Wichita Country Club (can’t remember which).
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Showing my ignorance here, but does beach volleyball have to be played outdoors? If not, I would think that some arrangement could be made with Wichita Sports Forum, which has sand pits.
            No. It can be played indoors. Just need the sand courts.

Comment

• Danny Ainge would be the home run of all home runs.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

It’s better to watch on tv anyway.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No. It can be played indoors. Just need the sand courts.
                  Actually, the rule is as follows:

The weather must not present any danger of injury to the players.

Inclement weather. Collegiate sand volleyball is an outdoor sport. Matches shall be played outdoors unless weather or court conditions threaten the health and safety of student-athletes. In the event of inclement weather, a team match shall be conducted indoors provided a regulation sand volleyball court(s) is available.

Determining playable outdoor weather conditions When on site within one hour before game time, the coaches of both teams and/or the on-site administrator shall decide whether a game shall not be started because of unsatisfactory conditions of weather or competition court.

Comment

• For all you who are hope'n and a wish'n for soccer and more women's sports, PLEASE STOP!!!
                    We might just get it.

Comment

• If we get soccer, we better ban those annoying blow horns.

Comment

• Women's soccer might actually support itself. The success of the USA women's soccer team has brought in quite a few fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I mean, there are early-season tennis matches that take place at Genesis or Wichita Country Club (can’t remember which).
                          You know you possess no ignorance.....Lambo has petitioned for sand and the old AD shot it down. Don't think for a minute that isn't going to be revisited.

Unless, of course, you've burned the bridge.

(IKBIC)

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Your kidding. My son played in all kinds of weather. The ball hurts in the cold weather but if there is a artificial service even rain (no lightning) they can play
                            Your son plays beach volleyball?
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• For anyone seriously interested in Beach Volleyball, the Womens Elite Eight has LSU playing UCLA at noon on ESPNU. Will not be disappointed.

Comment

Your son plays beach volleyball?
                                My son does as well. Not competitively, but dating a VB player and really enjoys it.

Comment

Working...
                                X