The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona Associate AD Erika Barnes:

Arizona Athletics prides itself in developing Wildcats for Life, and Erika Hanson Barnes is the epitome of that mission. A member of Arizona Softball’s 2001 National

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Amy Heard - Senior Associate AD - Texas Tech

Comment

Here are two names from Shocker AD history that might be possibilities: Tim Weiser or Kevin Weiberg. These guys started their careers at WSU in the mid to late 80s and went on to have great success, both as ADs and as conference commissioners. These guys aren't young but they are highly competent and well connected professionals. https://big12sports.com/sports/2017/...egal%20counsel.

Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Karlton Creech - Denver
            Craig Pintens - LMU
            Keli Zinn - West Virginia
            Dan Carlson - UAB
            Matt Lisiewski - Dayton
            Tim Collins - Fresno State
            Mike Penner - Ohio State
            Ryan Peck - North Texas
            Lauren Adee - SMU
            Colleen Sorem - Maryland
            Dawn Rogers - Baylor
            Eric Gross - Buffalo
            Marcy Lanoue - San Diego

Just a few names I've come across that could be considered and all seem to be attached to successful fundraising efforts.
            Dan Carlson
            Ryan Peck
            Bob Richie
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Dan Carlson
              Ryan Peck
              Bob Richie
              lol
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Karlton Creech - Denver
                Craig Pintens - LMU
                Keli Zinn - West Virginia
                Dan Carlson - UAB
                Matt Lisiewski - Dayton
                Tim Collins - Fresno State
                Mike Penner - Ohio State
                Ryan Peck - North Texas
                Lauren Adee - SMU
                Colleen Sorem - Maryland
                Dawn Rogers - Baylor
                Eric Gross - Buffalo
                Marcy Lanoue - San Diego

Just a few names I've come across that could be considered and all seem to be attached to successful fundraising efforts.
                I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, but they are fine looking names with mostly-reasonable phonetics, so its a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                  I know we are a basketball school and this is a basketball thread. However, I would like an AD that has an interest in starting soccer. It is the fastest growing participation sport in the US. We are one of a very small number of schools that do not have a soccer program. It might be a challenge to start up men's soccer at WSU. We do not produce many high level men's soccer players in the Wichita area. However, it would be easy to start up women's program. The Wichita area is putting 40-50 females into different levels of college soccer annually already, with at least 5 or more D1 players each year. Wichita has the #20 female soccer prospect in the nation right now even.
                  I would love to see men and women's soccer at Wichita State. I believe it would be a bit difficult to pull off in the short term since Shocker athletics finances are not in a comfortable position. The AAC doesn't have many regional opponents for the Shocks making travel expensive, so fielding a team(s) might be a bit more than WSU can handle for the next couple/few years. Medium and long term, I would LOVE for it to be considered.

Comment

I always wished Wichita St. had soccer as well.. but the wind!!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Bob Richie
                      I have information from a source high in the athletic department that Bob Richie has withdrawn his name from consideration for the position.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Turg is too much of an introvert to successfully fund raise in this community. I wonder if Matt Baty, who was on the staff here at one time might be in the mix. He is involved with the KU NIL program.

Comment

• I wonder if Joe Castiglione has a young up-and-coming AD he has mentored?

I think that could be a good/interesting route to take.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            I wonder if Joe Castiglione has a young up-and-coming AD he has mentored?

I think that could be a good/interesting route to take.
                            Marcus Bowman.

Comment

• He has some Shocker history and now at Notre Dame-- BRIAN PRACHT!

Comment

• Ted Lasso

Comment

Working...
                                X