NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

I can understand their support for Marshall, but why anyone would care what Ivanka has to say about anything is beyond me.
    Right, because her visit here praising WSU Tech as innovative, while working with her and the then presidency to help grow and keep industries in the USA for American workers is such a horrible thing….
    The Assman

Comment

I can understand their support for Marshall, but why anyone would care what Ivanka has to say about anything is beyond me.
      Charles doesn't care about the Trumps. But as Shock Top said, it wasn't about the name but the message and the positive impact it would have on Wichita. Some people simply can't see past the name and that's why her visit got shut down. Some were pissed because it was a Trump. I guarantee the Koch's don't fall into that group and certainly they weren't alone.
      Last edited by SubGod22; April 26, 2022, 06:15 AM.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You are right. It is clearly WAY beyond your comprehension...

Comment

You should care, unless you can fill in the financial vacuum that has been unleashed since that event occurred.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It’s not who it was, it’s the message that only certain points of view are allowed to be heard at WSU.

Comment

• Golden is no longer the University President in large part do to his sour relationship with FHCGM and his cancelling the scheduled Ivanka Trump graduation address.

Comment

• The City of Wichita is dropping 5 megadollars on Towne East aren't they? If they instead created a 5 megadollar endowment for WSU, the local uni would keep the economy buzzing with splashy player after player acquisition, and giving us deep tourney runs. That endowment would easily pay itself back many times over as the decades roll on.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  The City of Wichita is dropping 5 megadollars on Towne East aren't they? If they instead created a 5 megadollar endowment for WSU, the local uni would keep the economy buzzing with splashy player after player acquisition, and giving us deep tourney runs. That endowment would easily pay itself back many times over as the decades roll on.
                  Doubt it would pass muster with a majority of tax payers

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                    I don't think DB was wrong to put blame on the NCAA for not being clear on their rules, but I think he is wrong for blaming the WSU response to NIL on the NCAA. He said in this article that he recognized that this was going to be an issue before the football season. I don't understand why there wasn't a quick decision to change our policy once that became clear. It's not like NIL collectives just popped up, they've all been very public since the NIL ruling changed.

Also, the NCAA rule said schools have to follow state regulations. Kansas has left it up to the schools, which means the school can be involved in creating the collective. You're telling me he had no idea that KU had an NIL collective in Wichita until just recently?
                    Is it possigle the ADDB was trying to respond but just wasn't finding any funding interest among the usual deep pockets suspects that were perhaps already pissed off over how the 3G matters was handled and basically are saying not again. Not with you at the helm. Now that the house is engulfed in fire will their be a change of attituded by those same pissed off deep pockets. Who knows. They may say decide to just let it burn to the ground and look elsewhere for their diversions.

Comment

You would be FAR better to put that $1M in an endowment and pay only 50% of the interest generated to players ... meaning you are only getting a young bunch of freshmen and marginal juco transfers, and fund raising to increase that endowment, like crazy. We will suck for a bit until you have $5M in the endowment. Then you are set up big time, and just keep fundraising to increase it. We need to set up and fund raise a massive endowment.

This is a game that can be won, but it HAS to be an endowment.
                      At current interest rates of say 2.5% a $1,000,000 endowment will generate $25,000. If you are starting out spending $12,500 per year you are just wasting your time. May as well find something more worthwhile to throw a measly $1mm at.

Comment

• Another headwind working against WSU is the decline and fall of the AAC in stature once Houston, Cincinnati and UCF depart and you know Memphis would be gone in a heartbeat as well if and when they get a chance. Television exposure will most likely end up being a key driver in the ability to raise NIL funds. TV pretty much drives everything esle in collegiate sports. No reason to think this won't be a factor in the NIL game either.

Comment

• Nasir Cunningham throws a new wrinkle into this mess. Signing with Overtime Elite, forgoing a “salary” so he can maintain college eligibility. What is a salary anymore when you have company sponsors paying you hundreds of thousands, if not $1M + per year. This is just getting started.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

At current interest rates of say 2.5% a $1,000,000 endowment will generate $25,000. If you are starting out spending $12,500 per year you are just wasting your time. May as well find something more worthwhile to throw a measly $1mm at.
                            You keep fund raising adding to the kitty. It takes initial investors to get the ball rolling. Without the seed you literally have nothing. That initial 1m leads to much more future investment.

But yeah, whoever runs the endowment would frustratingly probably just park it in bonds being so uber cautious that it would take decades to be large enough to make the deep impact it would eventually make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Doubt it would pass muster with a majority of tax payers
                              You are correct. They'd finally be putting their money into something that would actually boost the economy instead of drain it, but they'd argue themselves out of it.

Comment

You keep fund raising adding to the kitty. It takes initial investors to get the ball rolling. Without the seed you literally have nothing. That initial 1m leads to much more future investment.

But yeah, whoever runs the endowment would frustratingly probably just park it in bonds being so uber cautious that it would take decades to be large enough to make the deep impact it would eventually make.
                                you need $200M endowment to be self sustaining. Right now, we're just trying to scrape together $1M.

Comment

Working...
                                X