Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
      it would be amazing to win it all after Whacky Shaq bailed. It was an incredible game tonight!
      Explain...?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Maybe they need to close the private club a little earlier to let the corporate crowd mingle with the fans of WSU. Never a good look when half of the crowd is still in the club talking about their hard day over a couple of drinks. An engaged crowd is a very good description of last night. Thanks to all that made it so. Go Shocks
        While there is some truth to this.

I will say the season ticket holder crowd was plenty engaged at the Houston game last year. That was a great environment. I think it is more about the product that is put on the floor.

Comment

• Losing Brown was also a blow, but we fought through it. Hopefully, he's available next game.

Comment

• Any chance McGee will return?

Comment

• Not to be a 'smart aleck', but if it wasn't for the "corporate crowd", we'd still be peeing in troughs and craping in open stalls. Those were the days my friends.

We will never forget the good old days... or the 'smells' that Andy Dufresne referenced in TSR.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Any chance McGee will return?
                Actually it appears yes. In taylor's latest article it appears that Brown might be able to play if his knee feels better and they are optimistic that McGee might be able to return for the final four games.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Any chance McGee will return?
                  Didn't he leave to prepare to head out to Europe for his pro team?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Didn't he leave to prepare to head out to Europe for his pro team?
                    Yes, but maybe he was able to work something out with his team to come back for a few more days.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Guessing that the Shockers on the team have not lost many games in The Roundhouse.
                      2015-16 UNI
                      2017-18 SMU and Cincinnati
                      2018-19 (A few more for Duff and SHJ)
                      2019 TBT Sideline Cancer

That's about it.
                      Last edited by WuShock16; July 28, 2022, 10:39 AM.
                      78-65

Comment

• I wish Tekele and Ragland would play.

A couple others from the original TBT team I miss too. A couple of them are getting a little long in the tooth so I understand them not playing, but a couple others I think would still play a lot.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Actually it appears yes. In taylor's latest article it appears that Brown might be able to play if his knee feels better and they are optimistic that McGee might be able to return for the final four games.
                          He's two wins away from probably matching his annual salary -- hard for a pro coach to say no to that.

(or maybe he makes a ton more than that per year in Israel -- who knows?)
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It's exceedingly difficult to believe the AfterShocks won that game. The best team did not win imho, but the grittiest and toughest team did, and make no mistake, the Gutter Gang was very tough and very gritty.

I liked about 4 of the threes we took. Frankamp off the screen, Woodard late, Kelly wide open, maybe one or two more. Everything else was forced, guarded or just plain bad. And they knocked down 2 of 3? Stunning.

Man I would have loved to see Dickey play here. That young man has MTXE running through his veins. I bet FHCGM could have made a beast out of him, and Dickey would have eaten it up.

Rashard Kelly has improved every single aspect of his game. SIX dimes? And the perfect bounce pass on the break to win the game (and a perfect quick finish from Woodward). RK and TC may be the two toughest non stars in the history of the program.

Frankamp is so good. I know he has limitations defensively, but sheesh, that kid can ball. And he's tougher than you think.

Play of the game, down 3, MGK makes a heck of block (probably deserved to go down 5 at that point, late) starts the break, 4 great passes gets Woodward the best open three, Gutter Cats STILL close out and almost block it, but he stays calm, sticks it bottom and ties the game. Incredible sequence when we absolutely HAD to have it.

Very happy for these guys. They deserve the success.

Comment

• The Willis 3 late was open and a good shot. Markis took some really guarded twisting 3s but we've seen him make a lot of those over the years. He had the hot hand and I had no problem with him putting the team on his back when we were struggling early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He's two wins away from probably matching his annual salary -- hard for a pro coach to say no to that.

(or maybe he makes a ton more than that per year in Israel -- who knows?)
                                Last year he played in the spains ACD league average salary is 200,000 - 500,000. This year he is signed to play in the Israel premier league average salary of 140,000-350,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X