2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    It's fun for the TBT. I still wouldn't want to see it in college.
    No, it's way more exciting to watch a team run out the clock or foul non stop in hopes of a missed free throw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No, it's way more exciting to watch a team run out the clock or foul non stop in hopes of a missed free throw.
      I have zero issues watching a team run out the clock or fouling to keep the game close and give them a better chance at coming back.

In our loss this weekend, we were hoping for a missed FT. But damn, that guy making both FTs and walking off the court sure was an exciting finish.

Basketball is a game with a clock and the strategy on how to use or conserve it.

But I still enjoy watching people step to the line and have to make stressful FTs to keep their team up or give them an extra possession lead. Or miss and make the drama rise. That's one of the best parts of basketball.

How many more championships would KU have if late FTs didn't matter? At least a couple more.

But as more and more fundamentals fall off, I'm not surprised that some are clamoring to willingly take one more away from that.

I'd also have to go back and time it, but I'm pretty sure we didn't get four minutes of basketball once the EE started. Just think of the AfterShocks had a regular clock to work with during that game. They may end up winning.

Adding the EE to HS or college or whatever just sounds like MLB trying to change things that don't really better the game and have shown to have minimal impact on the time it takes to complete one. More solutions to problems that don't really exist.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I have zero issues watching a team run out the clock or fouling to keep the game close and give them a better chance at coming back.

In our loss this weekend, we were hoping for a missed FT. But damn, that guy making both FTs and walking off the court sure was an exciting finish.

Basketball is a game with a clock and the strategy on how to use or conserve it.

But I still enjoy watching people step to the line and have to make stressful FTs to keep their team up or give them an extra possession lead. Or miss and make the drama rise. That's one of the best parts of basketball.

How many more championships would KU have if late FTs didn't matter? At least a couple more.

But as more and more fundamentals fall off, I'm not surprised that some are clamoring to willingly take one more away from that.

I'd also have to go back and time it, but I'm pretty sure we didn't get four minutes of basketball once the EE started. Just think of the AfterShocks had a regular clock to work with during that game. They may end up winning.

Adding the EE to HS or college or whatever just sounds like MLB trying to change things that don't really better the game and have shown to have minimal impact on the time it takes to complete one. More solutions to problems that don't really exist.
        We weren't hoping for a missed FT .. we were hoping for a good defensive stop and did NOT want a FT .. refs thought otherwise.

There are a very small number of games that will be less exciting with an elam ending .. but there is a massive number of games that will be more exciting with it.

I watched teams come back from double digits in the Elam multiple times over the last week during TBT ... every single one of those would have been dribble out the clock fests otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Why not make every game a race to 69 points and call it good?
          Three and a half years later, these guys would still be shooting free throws trying to get to 69:

Play-by-play action for the Virginia Tech Hokies vs. NC State Wolfpack NCAAM game from February 2, 2019 on ESPN.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• As much as I enjoy the Elam Ending in TBT, and as much as I've enjoyed the TBT in general, I'm clinging to what tradition college basketball has left these days. And without roster continuity, or league continuity, or a number of other things, I'll cling to the same ol clock ending at this point.

Comment

• Comment

• Karon is on Facebook again saying that WSU is racist for taking the Aftershocks away from him.

Karon, I’m not saying it was or wasn’t, but it’s time to put up or shut up. Either get it all off your chest or stop making the alludes to it.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Sub is right. There is strategy involved and you’re actually penalizing a team who played by the rules the first 36 minutes of the game only to change the game completely the last 4 minutes. It’s about as dumb as saying a play is more important and reviewable the last 2 minutes of the game but not the other 38. It’s either all or nothing. Not this 2 games in 1 stuff. I also like Elam ending for this type of basketball because this type of summer pick up stuff needs a jolt. Regular basketball doesn’t need it. I’ll take my buzzer beaters as the time runs down over that stuff, no matter more seldom they occur.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Karon is on Facebook again saying that WSU is racist for taking the Aftershocks away from him.

Karon, I’m not saying it was or wasn’t, but it’s time to put up or shut up. Either get it all off your chest or stop making the alludes to it.
                    I’ve always liked Karon but it seems as if the woke bug got him. Too bad.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Karon is on Facebook again saying that WSU is racist for taking the Aftershocks away from him.

His **** is getting old.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Does WSU have any control over the Aftershocks? I've never paid much attention to the organization of the team but just assumed it was independent of the school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Does WSU have any control over the Aftershocks? I've never paid much attention to the organization of the team but just assumed it was independent of the school.
                          Not sure but they do let them use the arena for a week.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I am curious who pays expenses? Someone other than the players must pay for travel, lodging, meals, uniforms, etc for each of the 64 teams. Do they compensated anything for their time as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                              I am curious who pays expenses? Someone other than the players must pay for travel, lodging, meals, uniforms, etc for each of the 64 teams. Do they compensated anything for their time as well?
                              Expenses are up to each team/player for the most part. Unless they have a sponsor(s) who will help them with expenses. I think Puma might provide uniforms. Once they advance to the quarters/semis...some of these expenses like airfare and hotel might be covered by TBT.

Comment

• Wasn't the bike raffle to help with expenses?

Comment

Working...
                                X