No announcement yet.

2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, ZB is coaching pros while IB is teaching kids how to play basketball.

Comment

• I completely forgot about this last night.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If the point of asking Shaq to be on the team to basically not play him and embarrass him... I'm all for that now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
          If the point of asking Shaq to be on the team to basically not play him and embarrass him... I'm all for that now!
          How bad was it last night? I might have to see if ESPN+ will actually let me watch this one.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

How bad was it last night? I might have to see if ESPN+ will actually let me watch this one.
            Shaq did not play at all last night.

Mix of him being out of shape and the fact that this tournament doesn't have a ton of traditional bigs...mostly stretch 4s and 5s. It would be hard for him to find someone he could guard even if he were in better shape.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It's on ESPN3 if you have that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Shaq did not play at all last night.

Mix of him being out of shape and the fact that this tournament doesn't have a ton of traditional bigs...mostly stretch 4s and 5s. It would be hard for him to find someone he could guard even if he were in better shape.
                Which brings up the question. What are the Aftershocks going to do for talent in the future? Most of ours is getting long in the tooth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Which brings up the question. What are the Aftershocks going to do for talent in the future? Most of ours is getting long in the tooth.
                  Legit question...it would suck if they decided to bring in more guys from other programs to fill spots. Definitely would ruin the appeal for me.

Comment

I don't think we have to worry too much for the next couple of years. Most of the Aftershocks roster is below 30 and around the 25-27 age range. Hannah is probably the only one that won't play much longer.

Past the next couple of years, it could get a little dicey because of more players transferring out early and fewer players at the talent level of the current Aftershocks. Just looked at our roster from the last few years and outside of Jaime and Tyson (both of whom are trying to make the NBA), we don't have much to go off. Wade and Dennis would be welcomed back even though they transferred, but that's about it. And they wouldn't see a ton of court time over the current Aftershocks.

Comment

• Didn't see it on my first watch, but what a screen by Conner to get Darral open on that play.

Comment

I don't think we have to worry too much for the next couple of years. Most of the Aftershocks roster is below 30 and around the 25-27 age range. Hannah is probably the only one that won't play much longer.

Past the next couple of years, it could get a little dicey because of more players transferring out early and fewer players at the talent level of the current Aftershocks. Just looked at our roster from the last few years and outside of Jaime and Tyson (both of whom are trying to make the NBA), we don't have much to go off. Wade and Dennis would be welcomed back even though they transferred, but that's about it. And they wouldn't see a ton of court time over the current Aftershocks.
                        Agreed that we are still good for awhile. Conner just turned 27, so he's probably good for the next 5-10 years. Same with others who were in his senior class (Brown, Willis, Kelly). I think Craig could grow into a decent overseas pro player who could fill a capable role for the A'Shocks in the future. I really hope Dex comes back at some point as well.

But yeah, our program needs to get back to recruiting some dudes...and then keeping them here.
                        78-65

Comment

Wade played for Team Arkansas this year in TBT

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Agreed that we are still good for awhile. Conner just turned 27, so he's probably good for the next 5-10 years. Same with others who were in his senior class (Brown, Willis, Kelly). I think Craig could grow into a decent overseas pro player who could fill a capable role for the A'Shocks in the future. I really hope Dex comes back at some point as well.

But yeah, our program needs to get back to recruiting some dudes...and then keeping them here.
                            Not sure that's possible in the new climate. For the aftershocks the goal is to just be the last one to land a player on his 5th transfer.

Comment

May have to change the name to widen the pool:

Offer Shocks - guys who were offered by WSU

Or include the guys with a Wichita connection:

3-1-6ers - guys who played HS or college ball in the 316 area code

The Quakers - guys who played at Friends University, may not win a game but could make a killing on F.U. merchandise

Morning Glories - guys who played at Sunrise Academy and return every year to Wichita

Or move to a corporate sponsor:

Doo-Dah Dimers - players who will one day probably work as ESPN announcers

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Guys who can play in the future if the NBA doesn't come calling: Jaime, Tyson, Dexter, Craig, Asbjorn (better than Shaq), Trey Wade. Plenty of options.

Comment

Working...
                                X