2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    It's exceedingly difficult to believe the AfterShocks won that game. The best team did not win imho, but the grittiest and toughest team did, and make no mistake, the Gutter Gang was very tough and very gritty.
    I agree, but I also think we have had the benefit of some friendly officiating this entire tournament.

Comment

Man I would have loved to see Dickey play here. That young man has MTXE running through his veins. I bet FHCGM could have made a beast out of him, and Dickey would have eaten it up.

Rashard Kelly has improved every single aspect of his game. SIX dimes? And the perfect bounce pass on the break to win the game (and a perfect quick finish from Woodward). RK and TC may be the two toughest non stars in the history of the program.

Frankamp is so good. I know he has limitations defensively, but sheesh, that kid can ball. And he's tougher than you think.

Play of the game, down 3, MGK makes a heck of block (probably deserved to go down 5 at that point, late) starts the break, 4 great passes gets Woodward the best open three, Gutter Cats STILL close out and almost block it, but he stays calm, sticks it bottom and ties the game. Incredible sequence when we absolutely HAD to have it.

Very happy for these guys. They deserve the success.
      These points are so good.

I posted this sentiment last year, and it still is relevant. These guys are DAWGS, and FHCGM was a big part of that. He cultivated that in them. Each of these players, to whatever level they may feel mistreated, owe a meaningful part of their professional success to Marshall.

It sounds like he will not get his kudos publicly the way he should for a while (and maybe ever), but that’s reality. Playing for another coach at another program would likely not have yielded the same results for each of these young men.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Also, for a guy who is literally incapable of using his weak hand, Willis may be the best player in the modern era lol.

Hard to ignore how good he was down the stretch.
        Last edited by Kel Varnsen; July 28, 2022, 12:50 PM.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Frankamp is so good. I know he has limitations defensively, but sheesh, that kid can ball. And he's tougher than you think.

Frankamp is the "star" of the team and getting all the defensive attention and has been held relatively in check. Yet if you watch him play .. you would never think he's like a "disappointed star". He was GASSED at the end of the game last night. Yet you watch him chasing players all over the court, fighting through screens. Throwing his body in the way, doing whatever he can despite his physical limitations. Opposing defenses were forcing the ball to other players. It would be very easy for him to just let that happen and be a non factor, but so many times over the last few games, if you watch, he's down low after a shot, throwing his body into someone twice his size and blocking out. He drew a critical foul during the elam last night just by doing that. I've been impressed with how he's played this week even though he hasn't scored the way i think anyone expected.

I also think its a huge credit to the rest of the team that Frankamp has been kept in check yet they are now in the Final Four of the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Also, for a guy who is literally incapable of using his weak hand,
            Down low from his left off the glass he is money!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Frankamp is the "star" of the team and getting all the defensive attention and has been held relatively in check. Yet if you watch him play .. you would never think he's like a "disappointed star". He was GASSED at the end of the game last night. Yet you watch him chasing players all over the court, fighting through screens. Throwing his body in the way, doing whatever he can despite his physical limitations. Opposing defenses were forcing the ball to other players. It would be very easy for him to just let that happen and be a non factor, but so many times over the last few games, if you watch, he's down low after a shot, throwing his body into someone twice his size and blocking out. He drew a critical foul during the elam last night just by doing that. I've been impressed with how he's played this week even though he hasn't scored the way i think anyone expected.

I also think its a huge credit to the rest of the team that Frankamp has been kept in check yet they are now in the Final Four of the tourney.
              Box score has Frankamp with our best +/- at +15. While far from a perfect metric, there's zero question the game goes in our favor when he's out there, scoring lights out or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12eagle View Post

Last year he played in the spains ACD league average salary is 200,000 - 500,000. This year he is signed to play in the Israel premier league average salary of 140,000-350,000.

This is from 2015, so it might be stale, but if you remove the top two teams from Israel's league the average salaries fall apart quickly:

"If we take Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hapoel Jerusalem –which are a league of their own and pay an average salary of about $500,000 (a bit less in Jerusalem) – out of the equation, the average salary for a foreign player ranges from $90,000 to $110,000. Israel is far behind Europe's major leagues in this context."

Israel is seen as a paradise for American and European basketball players thanks to its excellent weather, the upscale lifestyle they are offered and the fact that their salaries are always paid on time. But a glimpse behind the scenes reveals a constant turnover of players, as well as discipline problems and criminal offenses.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Tyrus will be back!

Comment

• These games were exciting and I needed a Shocker fix. Loyal and loud fans. Winning is fun.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Down low from his left off the glass he is money!
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        These games were exciting and I needed a Shocker fix. Loyal and loud fans. Winning is fun.
                        I was waiting for your reaction. I knew you would dig it! Groovy!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I agree, but I also think we have had the benefit of some friendly officiating this entire tournament.
                          Not last night.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Not last night.
                            Yes. Our guys were getting mugged, and we kept getting called for ticky tack crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I was waiting for your reaction. I knew you would dig it! Groovy!
                              Yes. It’s been awhile since Koch Arena has been that much fun.

Comment

I didn’t see it that way last night, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X