Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 TBT

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022 TBT

    Aftershocks just posted that Conner is back for this summers tournament.
    When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
    Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

  • #2
    Those two game winners he hit last year made CKA ROCK!!!!
    Go Shocks!

    Comment


    • #3
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

      Comment


      • #4
        I, for one, can't wait for Tekele Cotton, Joe Ragland, and Toure Murry to commit before being forced to pull out due to injury.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          I, for one, can't wait for Tekele Cotton, Joe Ragland, and Toure Murry to commit before being forced to pull out due to injury.
          I was into it until it became a pattern in year 2.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think you’re seeing alumni not totally supporting the program, now too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              I know its been a while since I have been on the farm, but that's some funky look'n wheat.

              Comment


              • #8
                Maybe there's another TBT team called the After Shucks?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Maybe there's another TBT team called the After Shucks?
                  Yeah, that’s corn. Not wheat. Haha.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not to be too “nerdy”, but, I believe “shocking” is actually the process of bundling the stalks. Can be wheat, corn, milo, etc. Obviously, our founders were “shocking” wheat…thank God we’re not in Iowa or we’d be the “Shuckin’ Shockers”. Would have been appropriate in the 90’s.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                      Not to be too “nerdy”, but, I believe “shocking” is actually the process of bundling the stalks. Can be wheat, corn, milo, etc. Obviously, our founders were “shocking” wheat…thank God we’re not in Iowa or we’d be the “Shuckin’ Shockers”. Would have been appropriate in the 90’s.
                      You would think Shocker alums would know that the heritage of the Shocker name (which was shortened from the original Wheat Shockers) had nothing to do with corn or milo, etc. Of course, traditions aren't as important as they used to be.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah, definitely a fail by the AfterShocks social media team. I have a feeling the twitter account may be run the people at TBT though and some guy on the east coast figured shockers and shuckers were the same thing and none of the alumni bothered to correct the person. I think the alumni used to run a different twitter account - https://twitter.com/wsu_aftershocks
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          MM now on board for this summer. And someone on the social media team must have heard our cries here about the background!

                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            MM now on board for this summer. And someone on the social media team must have heard our cries here about the background!

                            Wish I could have liked this twice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              looks like someone redid the background.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X