No announcement yet.

2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not exactly heartbroken that the Autism Army is losing by 15 heading into the Elam Ending.

Also, their official team name is Americana for Autism. I am not for autism but it sounds like they are in favor of a disability. Freaking losers.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Sub is right. There is strategy involved and you’re actually penalizing a team who played by the rules the first 36 minutes of the game only to change the game completely the last 4 minutes. It’s about as dumb as saying a play is more important and reviewable the last 2 minutes of the game but not the other 38. It’s either all or nothing. Not this 2 games in 1 stuff. I also like Elam ending for this type of basketball because this type of summer pick up stuff needs a jolt. Regular basketball doesn’t need it. I’ll take my buzzer beaters as the time runs down over that stuff, no matter more seldom they occur.
      In my opinion, traditional rules are more “2 games in 1” than Elam. At least in Elam, teams continue to run their offense and defense on both ends of the court like they do the 36 minutes prior. Traditional rules lead to teams who rarely press running a full court press out of desperation and INTENTIONALLY fouling in hopes that the other team misses free throws. I say why not play 5on5 on both ends to completion?

Comment

• If a team intentionally fouls a player with 18 mins left in the game, it is a technical. Two shots and the ball back. If they intentionally foul them with 1 min left, it is not.

Comment

• Did anyone want the final game of TBT? I wasn't interested in it and instead just looked at the box score on the TBT site and it looked like it was mainly a blowout. Attendance wasn't too bad - 1,925. I imagine TBT gets a lot of money from ESPN and the attendance numbers don't matter much to them. It'll be interesting to see if they move the finals away from Dayton next year. I would think Wichita may have a chance to host provided the TBT isn't mad about McDuffie's tweet basically accusing them of using an official on the take.
          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
          X