Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Zzzzzzz…..

Wake me up when he’s done

Comment

• I don't really disagree with anything HCIB said in that video. We did get more athletic, we did (in theory) get better shooters, and we did get bigger overall. Sure, he could be more fiery, but I don't really care if he is winning games (big if). Potential make or break year for him with a new AD coming in.

Comment

• I like Barry as a person and he is engaging. As a coach, no way, not a chance. Not at WSU.

Comment

• IB just doesn't inspire me. His coaching even less. Hope his recruiting turns out to be better than I am expecting with one or two stellar new players to go along with CP and KP. I do believe team chemistry WILL be much better and looks like the schedule could be a little softer ( ? ).

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            IB just doesn't inspire me. His coaching even less. Hope his recruiting turns out to be better than I am expecting with one or two stellar new players to go along with CP and KP. I do believe team chemistry WILL be much better and looks like the schedule could be a little softer ( ? ).
            Does Eric Wedge inspire you?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              I don't really disagree with anything HCIB said in that video. We did get more athletic, we did (in theory) get better shooters, and we did get bigger overall. Sure, he could be more fiery, but I don't really care if he is winning games (big if). Potential make or break year for him with a new AD coming in.
              Dude. I just love the fact that you are into this stuff and give a crap about what happens here without ever having set foot in Wichita. Awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Does Eric Wedge inspire you?
                Well, I've kind of lost interest in baseball but it didn't start with EW. I keep thinking the program will soon turnaround. Hitting was suppose to be a strong point this season but has been overall a big disappointment. People always say wait until next season so I will. Hitting WILL improve next season but it will be pitching that makes us much better. That is my prediction.

Comment

• Lots of unknowns for next season. No more excuses. Anything short of a successful season should lead to a new MBBHC.

The excuse of new players, etc. isn't going to fly anymore. In this new landscape, coaches need to figure it out, and quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    Lots of unknowns for next season. No more excuses. Anything short of a successful season should lead to a new MBBHC.

The excuse of new players, etc. isn't going to fly anymore. In this new landscape, coaches need to figure it out, and quickly.
                    Spot on - excellent post

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      Lots of unknowns for next season. No more excuses. Anything short of a successful season should lead to a new MBBHC.
                      Got to have money to make that kind of decree. I expect HCIB to fulfill his contract.

I just hope Boatright has not been doing some secret yearly renewal that will find out later because WSU lacks transparency.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Got to have money to make that kind of decree. I expect HCIB to fulfill his contract.

I just hope Boatright has not been doing some secret yearly renewal that will find out later because WSU lacks transparency.
                        IB will get two more years because of the stupid contract. After that, it becomes more affordable to part ways if he hasn't figured it out by then.

IF we get an AD that can make the right connections and convince the right people, it could happen sooner, but I wouldn't expect it to. Three years of IB has pretty much been guaranteed since the contract was signed.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If we have a rock star AD and next season is a disaster I wouldn't make bets on any particular outcome. IF.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Well, I've kind of lost interest in baseball but it didn't start with EW. I keep thinking the program will soon turnaround. Hitting was suppose to be a strong point this season but has been overall a big disappointment. People always say wait until next season so I will. Hitting WILL improve next season but it will be pitching that makes us much better. That is my prediction.
                            I’m not sure about next year. But if you look at Wedge’s first year, our team for the one month and one half played, showed lots of promise, and improvement from the 6 years prior. Then Covid struck. Then last year, we came in 3rd place in the AAC, a tremendous improvement from 2019 and Butler’s entire 6 year tenure (maybe several of Gene’s years too). However, this year has been a big step back after 2 steps forward. We have to acknowledge the good and successful two years with 6 years of prior failure, in addition to our disappointment of this year’s failures.

Comment

• Steel Gaston-Chapman to Hutch CC.

Comment

• If anyone cares:

Comment

Working...
                                X