Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day today. Really unbelievable how things got screwed up so quickly. Like many of you who have decided not to purchase season tickets I have heard from 6 (yes 6) different families in the last week or so that will also not be renewing their season tickets. Very disheartening to say the least.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Any chance it's just a coincidence that they each announce it the same day?

I don't think it is.
      Nope. Scripted to a T. Same with Mo and Dex...same day, same exact canned statement.

Comment

• The in-game experience has gone downhill too:

- No anthem singers - I know some people like the pep band and crown singing, but it's so amateur. Get a real singer.

- Band doesn't get to play as much anymore - Let the band play "Low Brass Cheer", THEN do the promotion. Read the room and know when to play music over the system and when to let the band play.

- No halftime performers - Shows like Quick Change (RIP) and The Red Panda were awesome. Do the cheerleading and dance team stuff during timeouts. (Make the other team sit on their bench for timeouts.)

- Promotions are AWFUL - I get you need to have them, but have some damn pride and creativity in putting them out there. Have an MC that helps put them on. ENTERTAIN US.

- Lighting and Sound System - I believe the new lighting and sound systems they put in haven't been utilized correctly, because of whiney complaints. Ignore them. Make it a party and a show.

I have others I know I have mentioned in the past, but these are the ones coming to mind.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

NIL potential would be directly related to fanbase size/engagement. Wichita State has an enviable fanbase compared to every program in the country outside of the top 30-40. We should be absolutely hitting the NIL schemes out of the park. Add in the fact that we have a TON of self-employed alumni who'd be able to set up perfectly legal advertising agreements immediately. *sigh*

Maybe this is a situation where the boosters handle things themselves like 'Bama football has done all these years. We'd need a mole in the athletic office that would direct recruits to meetings with boosters after they were done with their regular tour.
          While wsu has great fan base, it is local compared to bigger schools who have fan clubs and events in many major cities outside of their state. Look at TV revenue for starters, that is based on veiwership which is a sample of fans for a particular team.

Comment

• Well at some point we will run out of people that can transfer.. then we will have a happy day knowing no more bad transfer news is coming -sunshine pumper moment for the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Well at some point we will run out of people that can transfer.. then we will have a happy day knowing no more bad transfer news is coming -sunshine pumper moment for the day.
              If everything remains the same...we'll always have shitty 4.5 point scorers who believe Kentucky wants them but end up at Missouri Western...instead of staying the course and getting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Monkey on unicycles during halftime doesn’t count? How about the Ashley Furniture recliner behind the goal for one lucky fan? They have ideas baby!
                You forgot the large plastic tooth they throw to the crowd. Some people throw them back down.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                  Outside of the Jim Shaus (sp?) era and the #watchus campaign, I can’t think of a creative thought our Athletic Department has had since Jim Bradeholf was our AD.
                  I assume you mean Ted Bredehoft. But yes indeed Ted was a bit of Barnum and Bailey in him. Shocker Mountain and Camel Races are a couple of his schemes. Actually, I think Shocker Mountain was somewhat popular. Ted was first and foremost a salesman. He was a bit controversial but I many of the well-heeled backers liked him.

Perhaps Ted's best move was the hiring of Willie Jeffries as the WSU football coach.

I think he also hired a guy named Gene Stephenson to restart baseball at WSU.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 21, 2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I assume you mean Ted Bredehoft. But yes indeed Ted was a bit of Barnum and Bailey in him. Shocker Mountain and Camel Races are a couple of his schemes. Actually, I think Shocker Mountain was somewhat popular. Ted was first and foremost a salesman. He was a bit controversial but I many of the well-heeled backers liked him.
                    My father was in school when Shocker Mountain was around and he talked well of Ted. The environment around the school was very different at the time, better in some areas but worse in some others.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Man if some of the rumors are true about the offers to Ricky... We better plan on never keeping a breakout player ever again. We need to get something set up. Either fire Boatright or make him put on a clown suit and get on his hands and knees to beg the donors that walked away to start offering NIL

Comment

• You just have to laugh. This was pretty good.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Man if some of the rumors are true about the offers to Ricky... We better plan on never keeping a breakout player ever again. We need to get something set up. Either fire Boatright or make him put on a clown suit and get on his hands and knees to beg the donors that walked away to start offering NIL
                          What are the rumors?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

What are the rumors?
                            Just gonna say.. Not small amounts

Comment

Just gonna say.. Not small amounts
                              Well no ****...no more detail?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Well no ****...no more detail?
                                Not my place to share details. But from someone I'd trust would be connected enough. The point of the post is that people are tossing large chunks at a player that didn't even make the All AAC list ... If we don't do something.. we will have 8+ players transferring every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X