Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    I feel bad for having so much indifference about his announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Ricky averaged about 25 minutes a game, but was not often a starter. Heard him indicate that he didn't like that role either. In my opinion, RC not starting contributed to some of our slow starts in games and I didn't like it either.. If Ricky returns and we finish getting some solid recruits, the Shocks could still be decent. Ricky made a huge difference in several of our wins. Otherwise, time will tell. There's oodles of good players still available out there no matter what happens, but I really see potential, improvement, and leadership in Ricky.
      I think we still need to fill the roster with a starting 2 and 3/4. Maybe that's Rudi/McIntosh and Okafor. I think we have some solid rotation players in Rojas and Bell, with a project in Ballard.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Ricky averaged about 25 minutes a game, but was not often a starter. Heard him indicate that he didn't like that role either. In my opinion, RC not starting contributed to some of our slow starts in games and I didn't like it either.. If Ricky returns and we finish getting some solid recruits, the Shocks could still be decent. Ricky made a huge difference in several of our wins. Otherwise, time will tell. There's oodles of good players still available out there no matter what happens, but I really see potential, improvement, and leadership in Ricky.
        The starting unit sucked at scoring but was good on defense, and the coaching staff definitely prioritizes good defense. RCIV is a strong scorer, but iffy on defense (2 OT in the Houston game is a prime example). I think if Ricky had played better on D he would have started more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I feel bad for having so much indifference about his announcement.
          I think most are in a similar place. I don't think anyone hates Tyson, but as bad as last year was and some of the other things I believe most of us were ready to move on from him and didn't expect him to return, which makes his announcement mean very little to us fans anyway.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I remember back when I had a hot take of "it's not fair for coaches to move at the drop of a hat if the kids can't", and while there's some truth to that, I want to smack that hot take off my lips. The transfer portal sucks... I really hope RC4 comes back.

Comment

• I think that after this 15-13 season that we began with such high hopes, I have a guess on why the sunshine pumpers feel like they feel, and why those of us who are negative Nancy's feel like we do.

https://www.kansas.com/news/nation-w...260599557.html

High on the job? Third of corporate workers admit using weed on the clock, survey finds

It's possible that one can tell who fits this description by how positive they are, and maybe other's need a remedy for their depression. Just some things in life to ponder.

Comment

• Here are stats that caught my eye. I was more concerned with RC leading us with turnovers with 60. However, below are some stats that indicate he needs to continue improving on D but showed improvement in several areas.

1st in FT% at .849%
                ​​​​
                1st in def. Rb with 115.

2nd in steals with 32.

Tied for 4th in blocks.
                Last edited by forevershockerfan; April 21, 2022, 09:48 AM.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• You have to wonder what’s wrong with this program that we seem to be in the top three of transfers whether it was pre-portal or post portal

Comment

• It all comes down to having a mean coach. We saw the investigative report.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Couldn't roster movement be someone coming back, or an addition? Doesn't have to mean someone is leaving.
                      Sign them both and keep shaving in search for signing more playa's.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        C4 would be the only one to leave that would upset me.

Still waiting for a new addition that moves the needle.

It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
                        Permission to be upset granted

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

uh oh ..

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            You have to wonder what’s wrong with this program that we seem to be in the top three of transfers whether it was pre-portal or post portal
                            It’s all Gregg Marshall’s fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This isn't good.

Comment

• Seriously, before everybody completely blames all of this on IB, until we get serious about NIL warfare like Kel suggests, it will only get worse.

Soccer anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X