Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    Honestly, what do we think the chances of TE being back next year are? Not asking if you want him back or not.
    I would THINK he would be looking to transfer at minimum. Taylor said he expected to leave, but that was before the season started. However, he may like having no leash here and knows any other coach won't just give him the reins like he has now. So it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed for that reason.

How is that for a non-answer? Lol
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I thought that was one time though? And he transferred once from Abilene Christian already didn't he?
      You are correct on both counts. He is a grad transfer though, and that's free

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

You are correct on both counts. He is a grad transfer though, and that's free
        Ahh, that's what I was missin'.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I would THINK he would be looking to transfer at minimum. Taylor said he expected to leave, but that was before the season started. However, he may like having no leash here and knows any other coach won't just give him the reins like he has now. So it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed for that reason.

How is that for a non-answer? Lol
          ... and he has a couple NIL deals here... does a one-year player have time to cultivate another NIL deal? I have no idea if his current NIL deal is significant or only pocket change, but it's something to consider.

Transfers and NIL deals are for another discussion...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... and he has a couple NIL deals here... does a one-year player have time to cultivate another NIL deal? I have no idea if his current NIL deal is significant or only pocket change, but it's something to consider.

Transfers and NIL deals are for another discussion...
            Decisions to stay or go now have that aspect as well. It's not always about the school but the potential NIL opportunities as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Exactly - Joe probably shines in a more structured offense with a pass first point guard. His upside is being a bigger / taller Evan Wessel. This team needed a Cleanthony or Kyle Wilson type at the four.
              Bullshit. Wessel was a damn good defender. Joe can't stay in front of anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Decisions to stay or go now have that aspect as well. It's not always about the school but the potential NIL opportunities as well.
                There's a team NE of us working on NIL deals for the entire team. The head coach personally called over 100 donors and asked for $15K each. He said it's the only way they'll be able to complete with Kentucky and the other Blue Bloods.

NIL ****ing sucks!

"Katy bar the door!"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                  I've heard I feel it in my bones that a few of the older guys are waiting to see what TE does before they make up their minds.
                  They will leave if Tyson leaves? They will stay if Tyson leaves? What?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

They will leave if Tyson leaves? They will stay if Tyson leaves? What?
                    I'm guess either or...

Comment

• Joe isn’t a shiny kind of player, no matter the system. He is a competent role player who should be used off the bench and have limited minutes during the first half and when fouls arise. If he wants more, UMKC, etc. would be a possible option

Comment

There's a team NE of us working on NIL deals for the entire team. The head coach personally called over 100 donors and asked for $15K each. He said it's the only way they'll be able to complete with Kentucky and the other Blue Bloods.

NIL ****ing sucks!

"Katy bar the door!"
                        By the way, has anyone received a call from IB or the boatman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I thought that was one time though? And he transferred once from Abilene Christian already didn't he?
                          He would probably fall under the grad transfer rule exception.

Comment

NIL ****ing sucks!

"Katy bar the door!"
                            It's not like we're competing for those guys anyway.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Think about Taylor's comment on RC4. How tough it is on a program to know what to do when key guys are potentially waiting until late Summer to make up their minds. Seriously? RC4 staying or going is a big deal. A really big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                                Think about Taylor's comment on RC4. How tough it is on a program to know what to do when key guys are potentially waiting until late Summer to make up their minds. Seriously? RC4 staying or going is a big deal. A really big deal.
                                Doesn’t matter what he does. The staff should be recruiting the best possible players REGARDLESS of what a current player is doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X